When a property owner has to file an insurance claim for property damage there are a number of things they should keep in mind. Licensed public insurance adjustors, like Eric Osking from Advanced Building Assessment, can provide a host of services that can make the process run smoother, quicker and provide for an equitable settlement.
Eric is experienced in providing these services for residential and commercial customers in Florida. He recommends people do the following:
• Act quickly as water damage can begin to grow mold is as short as 24 hours
• Don’t underestimate the value of a claim, hidden damage may have occurred
• Use experienced and qualified contractors based on the type of claim
• Don’t rush to accept a cash out offer
• Be sure to ask for things covered, such as temporary lodging
• Understand some claims take time to be paid for various reasons
• Consider having a restoration contractor review your claim before filing
• If your claim is denied, get a second opinion
“It’s really important that when people have damage to their property, they file an insurance claim and understand the process,” reported Mr. Osking, M.S., CIEC, and President of Advanced Building Assessment. “People need to recognize that insurance company adjusters work for the insurance company, not the person filing the claim. Hiring a licensed public adjuster allows people to get back to their normal lives quicker as the public adjuster is experienced with the process and can help them receive the largest possible claim settlement,”
To learn more about how a public insurance adjuster can help with property damage evaluations and assessments or indoor air quality (IAQ), environmental or property insurance related inspection services, please visit http://www.BldgInspect.com, email firstname.lastname@example.org or call (407) 371-5237.
About Advanced Building Assessment, Inc.
Advanced Building Assessment is a leading provider of environmental consulting, home inspection and public adjuster services for clients across Florida. The company employs professionals with a wide range of certifications and licenses including: Certified Indoor Environmental Consultant (CIEC), Florida Licensed Home Inspector, Certified Mold Inspector and Assessor, Certified Wind and Hurricane Mitigation Inspector, and licensed with the Florida Department of Finance as a Public Insurance Adjuster.