“In honor of our 30th year of presenting the largest and longest-running swim show in the world, we are thrilled to unveil several exciting swim lines for the very first time at our show,” said Judy Stein, Executive Director of the Swimwear Association of Florida. “All of these amazing brands offer the appeal, energy and design that will brighten beaches and inspire outdoor activity from season to season across the globe.”
In particular, the swimwear lines being showcased at the SwimShow for the first time are:
1. Tori Praver Swimwear: Created by Sports Illustrated model Tori Praver, this collection is inspired by her lifelong love of the beach lifestyle and has been featured in numerous national publications. The line includes separates, monokinis and cover-ups for a variety of beach events.
2. Strong Boalt: This new line of luxury men’s swimwear features seasonal prints inspired by saltwater life in Florida and the Caribbean. Created by Palm Beach resident Amanda Boalt, the suits are made from premium quality, quick-drying materials for a modern fit and are a great addition to the growing men’s swimwear market.
3. Lauren Moffatt: Named a “Designer to Watch” by both WWD and Vogue, Lauren Moffatt is recognized for her trendsetting vintage-chic collections. Her passion for art translates into unique color, texture and details in her swimwear collection.
4. Theodora & Callum: Recognizing that the SwimShow is much more than just swimsuits, this hot line of cover-ups debuted in 2011. With eclectic prints and exotic colors, these cover-ups take women to and from the beach with style.
5. Lise Charmel: Introducing their exquisite line of swimwear to the U.S. market for the first time, Lise Charmel focuses on beautiful materials for her swimsuits and her lingerie collection.
As the premier resource for buyers from all swimwear categories with more than 2,500 lines from across the world, this year’s SwimShow will also feature iconic women’s, men’s and children’s swimwear companies including Milly, Shoshanna, Roidal, Manuel Canovas, Seafolly, Jets, Despi, Delfina, Maryan Mehlhorn, Luli Fama, Heidi Klein, Lenny, Natori, Calvin Klein, Ralph Lauren, Parke & Ronen, Body Glove, Emamo, L*Space, Vitamin A, Roxy, Zimmermann, and many more.
“We are thrilled to have created the most exciting must-attend trade event of the year, and we always love sharing a sneak peak of both renowned and new swimwear brands, legends and designs,” said Stein. “This year, there are more incredible designers and lines than ever to dive into, and we can’t wait to open our doors to all of them next month.”
Driven by relaxed dress codes, increased focus on body care and the growth of the beauty and spa industries, the world market for swimwear is expected to reach $17.6 billion by 2015, according to a recent Global Industry Analysts report. Americans spent more than $4.1 billion on swimwear last year, a marked increase from just $845 million in 1990, according to market research from the NPD Group. Likewise, another recent NPD survey revealed that the average woman owns at least four swimsuits and purchases at least two new looks every season. These are the kind of sales figures that are driving an increasing number of manufacturers to dive into the swimwear pool.
The SwimShow has partnered with the Miami Beach Convention Authority to offer increased access to the endless possibilities of South Beach with negotiated rates at hotels, complimentary transportation and an onsite concierge. Full of activity, events and shopping and the ideal partner for the swimwear industry, South Beach is a premier resort destination with designer boutiques, world-class hotels, five-star dining, beautiful beaches, and captivating nightlife.
About the Swimwear Association of Florida
Founded in 1982, the Swimwear Association of Florida produces and organizes SwimShow, the longest-running and largest annual swimwear trade show. Located at the Miami Beach Convention Center, the event features 2,500 lines, attracts thousands of attendees and is recognized as a global industry leader in trends, news and business transactions. For more information, please visit www.swimshow.com
Cece Feinberg Public Relations
Cece Feinberg / Mae Sullivan
T (212) 939-7265
E email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org