Mr. Maughan is no stranger to bright lights and big stages, so the gala premiere event at the Winspear Opera House in Dallas gave Maughan a chance to showcase one of his favorite holdings: Southfork Ranch. The scenes from the new television show were actually filmed at Southfork Ranch, often referred to as the most famous ranch in the world, now serving as a meeting and events icon just north of Dallas in Parker, Texas.
• Rex Maughan founded Forever Living Products (FLP) out of a two-room office in 1978; three years later he founded Forever Resorts. "I like traveling and exploring places, and I wanted to have fun while I worked, so it made sense," Maughan explains. Today FLP operates worldwide in over 150 countries.
• Forever Resorts, founded in 1981, is a 30-year National Park Concessioner currently operating marinas, National Park lodges and adventure tour companies in the United States and South Africa. Additionally, Maughan includes boutique properties like Southfork Ranch and Mormon Lake Lodge in his North American Portfolio.
• Southfork Ranch served as the television home of the Ewing family from April 1978 to May 1991. Maughan purchased the property one year later and has overseen its growth as one of the largest event venues in the Dallas metro area as well as a worldwide attraction offering daily tours.
• Warner Horizon Television/TNT filmed on and off the Southfork Ranch location from late 2011 through the early part of 2012, after signing several previous Ewing-family stars including Larry Hagman (as J. R. Ewing), Linda Gray (as Sue Ellen), and Patrick Duffy (as Bobby Ewing) in return engagements. A new generation of Ewing rivals will be introduced including Josh Henderson (as the grown up John Ross) and Jesse Metcalfe (as cousin Christopher)
• Shot on location in the title city, "Dallas" comes to TNT from Warner Horizon Television, with premiere episode writer Cynthia Cidre and director Michael M. Robin serving as executive producers. It was developed by Cidre and created by David Jacobs.
Contact Kathy Kratzer at Forever Resorts 7501 E McCormick Parkway, Scottsdale, AZ 85258 (480) 998-1981