In a survey by business performance firm Shirlaws, entrepreneurs were asked about their current priorities between creating more money, having more time, or reducing their levels of stress.
80% of respondents said “More Money” was their primary focus.
15% percent were looking for “More Time”. Only 5% said “Less Stress” was their top priority.
Shirlaws CEO John Rosling said the results demonstrated ongoing uncertainty in the UK private business sector.
“The same survey showed that profitability has increased for businesses in the past 12 months,” he said.
“So the overwhelming focus on more money indicates how many business owners feel they need more revenue before they will take a risk on investing for future growth.”
Results came from the anonymous data of 144 UK business owners who completed the Shirlaws Stages framework online.
- 59% of businesses could generate a lot more revenue without additional recruitment
- 75% of businesses were considering taking on funding in the next year
- 53% of entrepreneurs expected rapid growth in the next five years
- 71% reported that their staff were either quite motivated or very motivated
- 26% of business owners said they were having fun with their business
Business owners, CEOs, and directors can complete the Stages test for themselves at http://www.shirlawscoaching.co.uk/
Shirlaws launched in the UK in 2003 and has 48 business coaches helping their entrepreneurial clients to create more money, more time and less stress.
Visit http://www.shirlawscoaching.co.uk to learn more.
For More Information
Contact Jacob Aldridge
Shirlaws UK COO
0118 366 2013
- Shirlaws was founded in Australia in 1999. Shirlaws UK opened in 2003.
- Shirlaws have worked with 3,500 business in 37 countries. The UK is their largest market.
- Shirlaws clients apply the Stages framework and a combination of 20 proprietary business tools to reach financial or lifestyle targets.