Motorcycle rides and tours, live music, shows, expos, contests and more guarantee to keep visitors busy from dusk till dawn. Early risers can get a head start checking out motorcycle demos, and night owls will find plenty of events and parties that will provide stories long after the annual occasion is over.
Below is a schedule of just a few of the dozens of events taking place each day during Motorcycle Week:
- Bike Week Trains: June 9-10, 14-17. The Hobo Railroad is offering service between Meredith and Weirs Beach. Not only are the trains a convenient way to get to the Bike Week action, but it’s also a great chance for visitors to check out the well-known Lakes Region scenery.
- Peter Makris Memorial Run: June 9. NASWA Resort, 1086 Weirs Blvd., Laconia. This sixth annual all-day fundraiser – the official Motorcycle Week kickoff event – starts at 9 a.m. and offers bikers and boaters a ride around Lake Winnipesaukee;
- Battle of the Bands Competition:
- Kickoff Breakfast: June 10. Hart’s Turkey Farm Restaurant, 233 Daniel Webster Highway, Meredith. Start chowing down at 8 a.m., as one of the area’s most famous restaurants serves a scrumptious start to the day.
- Vintage Motorcycle Show: June 10 and 16. American Police Motorcycle Museum, 194 Daniel Webster Highway, Meredith. From noon-3 p.m., ride a pre-1970 motorcycle to the museum and receive a free gift.
- Winnipesaukee Cruise: June 11. M/S Mount Washington, 211 Lakeside Ave., Weirs Beach. Take a short break from the bikes from 4:30-7 p.m. and get aboard a boat! Drinks and food will be served during the ride. Call 603-366-BOAT for tickets.
- U.S. Vintage Motorcycle Grand Prix: June 11. New Hampshire Motor Speedway, 1122 Route 106 North, Loudon. Through the U.S. Classic Racing Association, check out classic motorcycle racing at its finest.
- Bike Show: June 12. Funspot, 579 Endicott St. North, Laconia. Held from 10 a.m.-4 p.m., check out the latest and greatest in motorcycles at the site of the world’s largest arcade. Demos will also take place from 9 a.m.-5 p.m. June 12-16.
- Adventure Series Promo: June 13. Patrick’s Pub, 18 Weirs Road, Gilford. Live music, prizes and specials, starting at 8 p.m.
- East Coast Tattour: June 13-16. Lake Opechee Inn, 62 Doris Ray Court, Laconia. Featuring celebrity tattoo artist Amy Nicoletto and other renowned artists, there will also be live entertainment and contests.
- Motorcycle Rodeo: June 14. Kitchen Cravings, 15 Airport Road, Gilford. Show off riding skills, and enjoy a barbecue. Games begin at 3 p.m.
- Motorcycle Swap Meet: June 14-15. American Police Motorcycle Museum, 194 Daniel Webster Highway, Meredith. Motorcycles, bike parts, memorabilia and literature will be sold in this first annual swap meet, held 9 a.m.-4 p.m. each day.
Lakes Region newcomers who are also interested in non-Motorcycle Week events during their visit will find other options on the LRTA’s Events Calendar.
The Lakes Region Tourism Association is the official tourism board of the region, representing close to 100 communities, 273 lakes and ponds, and more than 400 businesses in central New Hampshire, including area attractions, restaurants, retail establishments and accommodations. For more information or visitors guides, visit http://www.LakesRegion.org. The Lakes Region can also be found on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. The LRTA office is at Exit 20 on Route 3 in Tilton, and it can be reached by calling (800) 60-LAKES.