Its first outing is for The Specialist Media Show, taking place at ThinkTank in Birmingham on Thursday 24th May and it can be installed directly from the iTunes or Google Play stores.
A key feature of the platform is its ability to provide a truly personalised experience thanks to its innovative and aptly named ‘Event Genius’ feature. This can suggest event sessions to attend and exhibitors to visit, according to a user’s stated areas of interest. Users can also check an up-to-date list of ’trending’
For many B2B users, the most interesting feature may prove to be the ability to tap into their online professional and social networks, By authorising access to LinkedIn and Facebook, users can see which contacts are planning to attend which sessions, and send messages regarding potential meet-ups, as well as follow tweets using an event’s Twitter hashtag.
The product offers a three-way benefit: for event organisers, exhibitors and attendees.
EVENT ORGANISERS can:
• Offer users a free interactive show guide - allowing them to plan for an effective visit
• Send live updates and push alerts to inform users of the latest news and offers
• Generate extra revenues from sponsorship, banner ads, enhanced listings and promotions.
• Collect valuable data from most viewed content, sessions attended, and downloads
EVENT EXHIBITORS can:
• Promote special offers and list key contacts and availability for meetings
• List session details and create QR codes that can be used on exhibition stands
• Upload PDFs of brochures and other content for users to download via the app
EVENT ATTENDEES can:
• Plan a schedule using suggestions from the app based on their registered interests
• View full details on conference sessions, workshops and exhibitors
• Navigate their way around the event using the maps
• Connect with and send messages to speakers, exhibitors and other users
• Tap into their online social networks to see who else they know is planning to attend
Commenting on the launch, Martin Loat, chief executive, Propeller Mobile said: “"Event Engine has been developed to help organisers not just before and during an event - but afterwards as well. Thanks to all the statistical data and user-generated content within the app organisers can see exactly what has proved popular and what is less so, which is extremely valuable when considering future events."
Carolyn Morgan, managing director, Specialist Media Show, commented: “Conferences and exhibitions are highly productive for business people, but often seem full of missed opportunities. Printed show guides don’t even begin to help users plan their day in advance and just weigh visitors down, so I was delighted to discover Propeller Mobile’s new event app. It takes the risk out of events for visitors: they can see what’s on and who’s going to be there and duly interact, connect and plan their day”
Event organisers are able to stimulate engagement amongst the event community via an easy-to-use content management system. Propeller Mobile provides this as part of the service along with all branding and design work and IT support. This also offers exhibitors and event partners a fresh and immediate way of connecting with their target audience, sending information or offers right into their hands.
Carolyn Morgan added: “As an organiser, the CMS makes it easy to add sessions, speakers and exhibitors in the run-up to the event. Event Engine is a powerful marketing tool and I’m thrilled to be using it at the Specialist Media Show, an event that’s all about showcasing innovative new technology for media owners”.
‘Event Engine’ is just one of the offerings from Propeller Mobile. Event organisers wishing to discuss creating an app for their event should contact Steve Scaffardi at Propeller Mobile via steven.scaffardi@