This new bigger, brighter and better visa application centre is now fit for the future.
Mr Ian Felton said:
“Trade and tourism between our two countries are important strands to the overall relationship. We are fully committed to supporting them through our UK Trade and Investment offices, our UK visa operation and the work of VisitBritain.
“2012 is a great year to travel to the UK, with the Diamond Jubilee and the London Olympics. The GREAT campaign shows why the UK is one of the best places in the world to live, study, visit, invest and do business.”
The new visa application centre provides a new enhanced service for the UK-bound travellers and businesses in Bengaluru. The brand new premium lounge in the visa application centre provides customers with the option of submitting their applications in a separate comfortable lounge with dedicated staff and additional facilities.
The new internet facilities in the visa application centre allow customers to complete and print their online visa application forms. Operational from 28 May 2012, these are the first internet facilities to be introduced to the UK visa application centres, and will be rolled out to others in due course.
The normal hours for submission of applications and collection of documents are being extended by 2 hours for the convenience of customers in Bengaluru. With immediate effect, the opening hours are 08.00 to 16.00 hours.
The current prime time facility in Bengaluru will be taken to the next level. The facility currently provides customers with the option to make an appointment to submit their visa applications outside normal hours during the week in five visa application centres (in Bengaluru this is 18:00 - 20:00 hours). It was announced that with immediate effect in Bengaluru, this would be extended to Saturdays and holidays, 11:00 - 15:00 hours.
Mr Thomas Greig said:
“The aim of our visa operation is to support the partnership between the UK and India. We are pleased to be working closely with VFS Global, our commercial partner, to ensure an efficient visa service for all customers. Together we are also working hard to provide special services for major investors, regular travellers, and high value customers to access premium lounges, more convenient times to make their applications and quicker turnaround times. I am pleased to see all that this flagship application centre has to offer our customers in Bengaluru.”
VisitBritain has a travel shop in the visa application centre in Bengaluru. This is one of seven across India. They offer information to customers and sell tickets for travel and attractions to prepare them for their visits to the UK.
Mr Murali Raghavan said:
“It is with great pleasure we announce the opening of the new UK Visa Application Centre in Bengaluru. VFS Global is honoured to be associated with the Government of UK in India since 2003, and also have the privilege to be their trusted partner in 35 other countries globally.
“We are committed to partner the Government of UK and the UK Border Agency in offering new and diverse value-added services for its visa customers from time to time. We invite applicants wishing to travel to the UK to visit our new state-of-the-
Notes to editors:
1. The visa application centre in Bengaluru is one of 12 visa application centres across India through which UK visa applicants submit their visa applications.
2. Further information about the range of additional services: fast tack, premium lounges and prime time are available on VFS Global’s website: www.vfs-uk-in.com.
3. India is one of the UK’s biggest visa operations in the world: last year the UK Border Agency dealt with about 400,000 visa applications. Most Indians who apply for a UK visa get one:
Of over 400,000 visa applications processed in India last year, 87 % were successful.
Over 250,000 short term visitor visas were issued in 2011, 90% of those who applied were successful.
Of the 250,000 visitor visas issued, 57,000 were for business visitors. This equates to 95% of those who applied for one. About 75% of these applications were processed within 5 working days and we are currently exceeding this figure.
4. The UK Border Agency aims to issue visas as quickly as possible: its published processing time is 15 working days for 90% of short term visas. In practice most of these applications are completed within 10 working days. Many successful applicants will receive their visas more quickly than this. During particularly busy periods (such as now) applicants are advised to allow up to 15 working days. Further information about processing times is available at: http://www.ukba.homeoffice.gov.uk/
5. Further information about the UK’s visa operation is available at:
UK Visa Application Centre
Address: Unit 302 – 303, 2nd Floor, Prestige Atrium, No 1, Central Street, Bengaluru 560001
Helpline: +91 22 6786 6000
Submission of applications and return of documents: 08:00 to 16:00 hrs | Monday to Friday
Service fee and other charges (over and above the visa fee) will be payable at the UK Visa Application
Centre at the time of application. Optional services are available at an additional cost.
*VFS Global is responsible only for accepting UK visa applications and the return of documents. All applications continue to be assessed and processed by the UK Border Agency in Chennai.