Groups Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con-goers will encounter include:
· 501st Garrison Carida, a chapter of the world’s definitive Imperial costuming organization. No matter where you live, the power of “Vader’s Fist” can be felt through professionally organized charity, fundraising, and promotional events feature the “bad guys” of Star Wars.
· 726th Marine Strike Group, Starfleet Marine Corps, dedicated to the same principles as other members of STARFLEET International (SFI), including community service and charity fund raising, as well as a focus on organizations that associate with or assist military members, veterans and their families.
· Alliance Live Action Role Playing (LARP), dedicated to recreating the Days of Legend as we would like them to be. Around since 1989, it is one of the largest live action fantasy medieval games with over a dozen active chapters in the United States and Canada, with more on the way.
· Camden Riversharks, a member of The Atlantic League of Professional Baseball. The Riversharks play their home games at Campbell's Field, which is situated at the base of the Benjamin Franklin Bridge offering a clear view of the Philadelphia skyline.
· Capital City Jedi Knights, a non-profit club whose primary objective is to teach and perform staged combat lightsaber duels for conventions, community, and charity events.
· League of Superheroes, the original Superhero costuming resource forum on the web, boasting over 2500 members and growing. Since July 16, 2004, League of Superheroes has been promoting, helping, and encouraging the growth of the costuming community one hero at a time.
· Legendary Women, Inc., an organization that works to promote the positive portrayal of women in the media and to help empower women in their daily lives via philanthropy.
· Mav Oya’la Clan of the Mandalorian Mercs, Pennsylvania representative providing a nexus for Mandalorian costumers, giving them a collective identity and representation within the Star Wars costuming community.
· MegaPodzilla, which since 2009 has been rampaging the geek landscape like the podcast equivalent to a 100 foot radioactive lizard with horn rimmed glasses and a pocket protector.
· NYC Browncoats, one of numerous independent, but similarly minded, fan groups, dedicated to Joss Whedon’s television series “Firefly”, and its subsequent follow up movie, Serenity.
· NYC Cosplayer Network, a non-profit group involved in community volunteerism. Its costumed performers volunteer for free at a variety of family focused activities, and perform for children’s hospitals, street fairs, and local comic book store special events.
· NY Jedi, a community of sci-fi fans, actors, martial artists, costumers and performers who share a particular passion for fight choreography and Light Sabers. Utilizing stage-combat and Martial Arts based techniques, NY Jedi creates fight-scenes with this iconic weapon of the Sci-Fi Fandom.
· PaperKeg, a Philadelphia-
· Pennsylvania Browncoats, a group of several hundred “Firefly”/Serenity fans located in or near Pennsylvania, which organizes social events, such as meetups, shindigs and outings, as well as charitable activities..
· Pennsylvania Star Wars Collecting Society, whose goals are to enhance the collecting experience of its members, share information to help members become better collectors and find the Star Wars collectibles they're looking for, to create a collecting network where hot items can be bought and sold at fair prices and to interact and socialize to share an appreciation of Star Wars collectibles and culture.
· Philadelphia Ghostbusters, a local Ghostbusters Franchise that helps to raise money for various charities, as well as make special appearances at events. Whether it’s being invited to benefits, participating in charity walks, or just roaming the streets of Philly, the PGB put a smile on everyone’s face and serves the community well.
· Philly Comix Jam, a group of cartoonists in the greater Philadelphia area that meets monthly to draw comics, discuss the industry and exchange critiques. Its members are local comic book professionals, aspiring artists and enthusiastic fans.
· Pixelated Dimensions, a source for the most captivating discussion of film, TV, video game, music, and popular culture anywhere in the world. The weekly podcast delivers the latest scoops and freshest interviews from the entertainment world.
· Recreating History, a select group of talented and diverse enthusiasts who have come together for a common goal; to recreate historical events in authentic and fictional performances that extend from the 16th, 17th and 18th centuries to a wide array of audiences.
· Star Wars: In Character, a podcast that takes a closer look at some of the more obscure characters in the Star Wars universe. Backstories, histories, and details fans never knew, wanted to know, or ever need to know about some of the saga's greatest characters that may have been overlooked.
· Strife of Nations, a Northeast Pennsylvania based LARP that utilizes PvP game play to create a unique LARP experience. The three races of Latac compete to control the land, and become the victors of the battle.
· USS Iwo Jima, an independent science fiction fan group based on a Star Trek theme, located in the Greater New York City area and looking to expand into Philadelphia and South Jersey.
· USS Storm, NCC-1694, a chapter of STARFLEET, the International Star Trek Fan Association. Based out of Atlantic City, N.J., its members gather for monthly meetings, walk-a-thons, and quarterly events and join a large family of friends who share common interests not only in “Star Trek” itself, but in the concepts and ideals that the series embraces with its storytelling.
· WGTR “World Grand Theft Radio,” the nationwide internet radio station No. 1 worldwide Halloween radio station in Sept & Oct. With over 30 original shows a week live, “our mission to make your on air dreams come true!”
Top celebrities such as Chris Hemsworth (The Avengers, Thor), comics legend Stan Lee (creator, “Spider-Man,”
Wizard World Philadelphia Comic Con, produced by Wizard World, Inc. (WIZD.PK), will bring together thousands of fans of all ages and dozens of celebrities and industry professionals to celebrate the best in pop-fi, pop culture, movies, graphic novels, comics, toys, video gaming, television, sci-fi, gaming, original art, collectibles, contests and more.
For more on the event, including hours, celebrities, creators, vendors, VIP and photo opportunities, programming schedules, evening entertainment, autographs, sponsorship and volunteer information and more, visit http://www.wizardworld.com/