Russian company, a manufacturer of navigation devices
To develop a mobile application for urban geotargeting which provides the user with information on the surrounding POI (points of interest) on a 2D map and as a list.
The function of searching for a route to the located point should only be based on the Shturmann navigation application. Georeferenced contextual advertizing should be used as the main monetizing mechanism.
Promwad Mobile developers have implemented a navigation program which can be used to search and browse through POI by selecting the required category (cinemas, night clubs, bars, etc.) or by typing a request in the full-text search box.
The user can receive full information on any located object: data on remoteness from the user (meters or kilometers), logo and text description. Google maps are used as the application background. Data on the located objects are sent to the application from the Shturmann server.
POI search is conducted with reference to the user’s current location. The closest objects are considered the most relevant. The user can indicate their location on the map on their own. In this case, search will be conducted around the selected point. It is also possible to sort objects by other parameters, such as price and rating.
The user can add POI to Favorites. The application uses social networks to post updates on the user activity (to do this, you have to sign in to your account in a social network).
If the user has signed in to the Shturmann POI application, they have access to additional actions, such as rating and commenting on POI. This activity can be displayed in the user’s events. The user’s ratings and comments become key elements of the object on the map. They are stored in the shared data base on the Shturmann server.
Shturmann POI can display advertising on the screens that show the list of categories, POI information and the POI list.
- The application allows users to see their current status on the map in real time, displayed on the screen
- The user’s coordinates are determined using GPS, GLONASS, Wi-Fi or mobile operator networks
- Search for objects is conducted with reference to the user’s current location. The closest objects are considered the most relevant. The user can mark their location on the map on their own. In this case, search will be conducted around the selected point. It is also possible to sort out objects by other parameters, such as price and rating
- Monetization of the application is available through georeferenced contextual advertising
- The user can work actively with POIs: they can add POI to Favorites, rate them or leave comments
- Integration with social networks: the application displays the user activity in the events in social networks