NARIA is a female operatic/pop quartet that began in the fall of 2010 with opera singer Katya Tchoubar. It did not take long for other opera talents to join forces with Katya which include Anna Bateman, Michelle Danese and Annaliese Jelilian. The world has embraced this female force with gusto fusing traditional opera with a modern pop sound creating exciting and refreshing music along with a provocative stage presence. This fusion of styles became a phenomena and audiences from all over the world has fallen in love with this hot and hip style. This is a recipe for success and they have taken this notoriety and are running full speed ahead!
In October 2011, “NARIA Opera Pop Supernova” was released to a worldwide audience to rave reviews. Their single “Canadian Girl” became an instant hit with its very energetic dance/pop sound. It features NARIA in harmony and highlights each individual member with fun solo lines. What began as a simple theme for a new song, turned into an energetic pop sensation with choreography to match its upbeat, fun nature.
Although seemingly specific to the Canadian woman, this song is essentially about the contemporary, liberated woman who loves life, and who cherishes her freedom no matter what nationality she may be or where she may live. It is about knowing she always has a place in this world and belongs wherever she goes.
“We women know that music and dance are both strong and moving mediums and they often weave together communities from everywhere no matter the social status or color of their skin”, states Anna.
The rap twist in "Canadian Girlz’ adds yet another fun layer to the music, again showing the strength and passion of the modern woman; a woman of confidence (“You could learn a lot from these Canadian Girls!”). NARIA is innovative keeping ahead of musical trends. Its hip electro/pop sound is refreshing and a joy to listen to.
Acclaims and accolades:
• NARIA was one of the winners of the Midem Off 2012 showcase in Cannes, France
• They have been featured on The New Classical 96.3FM, CHIN Radio as well as Britain?s International British Showcase
• Their music is featured on the TEA volume 15 compilation CD and placed in the number one spot
• They have produced and performed in their own Holiday Concert to a sold out audience at the Glenn Gould Studio, CBC Building in Toronto on December 18, 2011
• Winners of iSTARS competition, Toronto Feb. 2011
• General Motors Corporate Show featured performers at the Harbour Castle Conference Center, Toronto September 28, 2011
• Toronto Zoomer Show, Moses Znaimer Direct Energy Centre, Toronto October 29-30, 2011
• Vancouver Zoomer Show, Moses Znaimer Vancouver Convention Center, Vancouver, British Columbia Nov. 18-19, 2012
• Alcon Conference, Cancun, Mexico January 11, 2012
• You can hear them at ?SING?, Toronto Vocal Arts Festival, April 13-15, 2012
• They recently performed at ?iShowcase?, on April 22nd at Blues Suede Sues, for Warner Bros. Records
NARIA has a number of corporate shows in the near future and are in the early stages of planning a concert series of their own. One of their goals is to tour America and Europe by the end of 2012.
You can listen to and/or purchase their music by logging into the following websites:
www.promofm.com (Search: NARIA)
NARIA is currently working with A & R Select based in Beverly Hills, Ca. for licensing, publishing, a record deal and/or placement opportunities. For additional information, please contact them at: