The crown jewel of their Green initiative is the installation of its 756 kW solar photovoltaic system above its parking lot on carport structures. This installation will effectively eliminate over 1.6 million pounds of carbon dioxide, 2,000 pounds of sulfur dioxide and 1,300 pounds of nitrous oxide pollution into the environment annually. This reduction of pollutants into our atmosphere is the equivalent of removing 131 cars from the road annually or planting 168 acres of trees each year!
In addition, the hotel has formed a Green Team committee with representatives from multiple departments and management. The Green Team has a written mandate with support from senior management and been assigned the responsibility for directing and coordinating environmental initiatives. They have organized a series of environmentally sound programs to reduce the hotel’s carbon footprint. The Green Team also educates all hotel associates on how they impact the environment and how they can reduce their carbon footprints at work and at home.
Below are a few examples of everyday practices that showcase the Wyndham Philadelphia-
• Single stream recycling receptacles are provided in public areas and in all “back-of-house”
• Organic waste from food and beverage operations is composted.
• Smart HVAC sensors have been installed in all guestrooms.
• Partially used guestroom amenities like soaps, shampoos, conditioners, lotions and lotions are donated to Clean the World, that recycles the items and distributes them to children in need of basic hygiene in 3rd world nations.
• Extra and left behind newspapers are donated to the Animal Welfare Association for use in their Voorhees, NJ animal shelter.
• Housekeeping associates ensure that all lights and televisions are turned off in guestrooms.
• Implementation of a linen and towel re-use program, which saves gallons of water, detergents and cleansers.
• Administrative associates have stopped printing daily reports when ever possible and print internal documents on the back of old reports to reduce paper consumption.
• Sales associates send proposals, marketing materials and contracts electronically, unless otherwise requested by the customer.
“Our efforts around green are great for the Earth and great for our guests” says Rishi Shah, General Manager. “Travelers are much more aware of their impact on the environment and will make the Green choice when it is available to them.”
The Wyndham will continue to make additional investments that focus on energy conservation, recycle and re-use programs and water conservation. Other areas currently being explored include LED lighting, gray water reclamation and evaluating suppliers to see that their sustainable objectives mirror those of the Wyndham’s, to name a few.
About the Wyndham Philadelphia-
The Wyndham Philadelphia-
The Wyndham Philadelphia-
To book your next stay visit www.wyndhammtlaurel.com.
About Green Key
The Green Key Eco-Rating Program is the first of its kind to rank, certify and inspect hotels and resorts in North America based on their commitment to sustainable “green” operations. The program was originally developed for the Hotel Association of Canada by a leading environmental engineering firm. Designed specifically for hotel operations, the Green Key Eco-Rating Program is a comprehensive environmental self-assessment that will allow each participating property to benefit on several fronts – cost savings, increased bookings from environmental conscious consumers and meeting planners and responsible corporate citizenry. Visit www.greenkeyglobal.com for more information.