The future projections are presented for the base case, conservative case and aggressive case scenario providing an insight on the prospects in the Indian alcoholic beverages industry. India is considered as a lucrative unexplored destination for alcoholic drinks market by several international companies operating in saturated alcoholic beverages markets of Europe and the US. Business Research
India’s alcoholic beverage market has grown steadily over the period. The industry reached the 500 million cases consumption mark in FY’2007 and ~ million cases consumption mark in FY’2009, showcasing a rapid growth. From a 430.3 million cases market in FY’2005, the market has clocked a consumption of ~ million cases in FY’2011, registering a CAGR of ~%. Country Liquor has the highest market share in India making currently the most consumed alcoholic beverage in India and has a commanding presence in the northern states of India. Though in the short run, country liquor is still expected to have the major market share, in the long run, their market share will decrease to ~% by FY’2016 and will be overtaken by the IMFL segment. The segment is expected to sustain the market leadership to a longer period only to some extent by increasing quality, proper branding and promotions.
Beer is a rapidly expanding segment in the Indian Alcoholic Beverages industry. It is the third largest market and second fastest growing market in the Indian alcoholic beverages industry. Beer market has been segmented into strong beer and mild beer on the basis of their alcohol content. Strong beer which has alcohol content more than 5%, dominates the Indian market accounting for ~% of the total beer consumed in India, stating its popularity and preference.
IMFL is the second largest segment in the Indian alcoholic beverage industry. This market has been further bifurcated into Whisky, Rum, Brandy, Vodka and Gin. This industry is growing at a steady pace and had a consumption volume of around ~ million cases in FY’2011 from a consumption of around 135 million cases in FY’2005.This industry has grown at an overall steady pace triggered by increasing population and disposable income, and also the fact that it is increasingly gaining social acceptance. Vodka is the fastest growing IMFL segment in India. Its growth is rapidly increasing due to increase in pubs, hotels, restaurants, evolving nightlife and consumer preferences. It has grown over the past 6 years at a CAGR of 35.8%.
Wine industry in India is just in its birth stage Wine is the fastest growing segment in the Indian Alcoholic Beverages industry. Indian wine industry is estimated to reach a consumption of ~ million cases consumption by FY’2016 by growing at a CAGR of ~% under the base case scenario.
Key Topics Covered in the Report:
* The market size of Indian alcoholic beverage industry and its segments including country liquor, IMFL (Whisky, Rum, Vodka, Brandy and Gin), beer and wine on the basis of consumption and per capita consumption
* Government regulations affecting the alcoholic beverage and its segments
* Market segmentation of the Indian alcoholic drinks industry and its segments
* Recent trends and developments in the industry and in its segments
* Competitive landscape of the various players operating in the country in beer, wine and IMFL market
* Company profiles of leading players in IMFL, beer and wine market
* Future outlook on the basis of assumed scenarios i.e. base case, worst case and aggressive case on alcoholic beverages, wine, beer, IMFL (Whisky, Rum, Vodka, Brandy and Gin) and country liquor consumption and per capita consumption in India, from 2012-2016
* SWOT analysis of the Indian alcoholic beverage industry
TABLE OF CONTENTS
1. Indian Alcoholic Beverages Market Introduction 2. Indian Alcoholic Beverages Market Size, FY’2005 – FY’2011
3. Indian Alcoholic Beverage Government Licensing and Regulations
4. Indian Alcoholic Beverage Market Segmentation by Product, FY’2005 – FY’2011
5. Indian Country Liquor Industry Market Introduction
5.1. Indian Country Liquor Market Size, FY’2005-FY’
5.2. Indian Country Liquor Market Trends and Developments
5.3. Indian Country Liquor Future Outlook
5.3.1. Cause and Effect Relationship between Dependent and independent factors prevailing in Indian Country Liquor Industry
For more information kindly visit :
Indian Alcoholic Beverages Market Outlook to 2015 - Evolving Consumer Preference and Government Regulations
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/