Leading the conversations – which includes interviews, performance highlights, film footage and audience questions – are renowned Caribbean broadcast pioneers Dave Elcock and Eric St. Bernard, as well as, international photojournalist Colin “Soulboy” Williams. The full series is as follows:
• Sunday June 3 at 5p.m. Artist David Moore whose life’s work has been dedicated to documenting disappearing scenes of Caribbean traditions on canvas. The opening also features an exhibit of Moore’s work and a grand reception. Trinidad and Tobago Consul General Mrs. Rudrawatee Nan Ramgoolam will bring remarks on behalf of the Trinidad and Tobago government.
• Friday, June 8 at 8p.m. The brilliant and ever witty Mighty Sparrow (Slinger Francisco), who is heralded as the undisputed calypso king for his unmatched recording and performing career and his trailblazing record of cultural, social and political activism.
• Friday, June 15 at 8p.m. Steelband innovator Dr. Elle Mannette – who at 86 – is celebrating his 75th anniversary in developing the steelpan, a career of innovation which has earned him the title “Father of the modern day steeldrum instrument.”
• Friday, June 22 at 8p.m. Hitmaker Rawlston Charles, owner of Charlie’s Calypso City record store in Brooklyn and founder of the legendary Charlie’s Records, a famous independent record label established in the 1970s that produced some of the Caribbean’s greatest calypso hits.
• Friday, June 29 at 8p.m. Promoting legend Flag Woman Janet, a former renown dancer in Trinidad and Tobago adjudged “T&T’s #1 Soul Queen,” who brought her signature flair and dynamism to promoting cultural and social events for decades in New York.
Producer Nandi Keyi, a longtime cultural enthusiast and writer, is thrilled to provide this forum in the midst of Trinidad and Tobago 50th anniversary celebrations. “This body of influential artists has spent a lifetime innovating, creating and showcasing Caribbean music and arts,” she said. “At the Feet of the Masters” is an excellent opportunity to garner first hand insight and ask questions about the personal and professional journeys that recreated the mastery.”
Tickets for each conversation, priced at a nominal 20.00, are available at SmartTix.com and leading local Caribbean outlets. For information call 347-636-0079 or email email@example.com.