PAUL CROSS in OPERATION TERROR
- May 10, 2012 - Operation Terror
is in the very good company of films that will compete in the 7th Monaco Charity Film Festival.
Feature films from around the world with diverse stories and human drama's will dominate the sun-drenched city of Monte Carlo on the French Riviera for eight exhilarating days.
The film which was also directed by Paul Cross, who was recently nominated for Best Director at the Fajr International Film Festival http://english.irib.ir/radioculture/art/cinema/item/80022
and depicts a possible alternate account of the events of 9/11 other than the official government version. Operation Terror
was written by Art Olivier.
This is the second feature film that Cross has made on the subject of 9/11. The other film was Severe Visibility
released worldwide in 2008 after numerous international film festival screenings and he may have plans for a third. Cross is currently involved with a project previously called A Violation of Trust http://actorsandartistsfor911truth.com
which is in the development stage and will be executive produced by Ed Asner and Howard Cohen. The cast at this time besides Cross is anticipated to include Martin Sheen, Woody Harrelson, Daniel Sunjata, John Heard, Michelle Phillips, Joseph Culp, Nick Mancuso, and Judd Nelson.
"It's a very worthwhile and important project and I am eager to be a part of it," Cross said.
Also on Cross' film production agenda is Cardinal Sins, http://www.henryhawkinsthemovie.com
a drama set in today's Vatican. The script was penned by Cross and again he will act and produce. "This is a project that is extremely dear to my heart.
I have been developing it on my own for several years but for all the typical reasons in the film business it has not been produced yet,"
Cross explained. " I have given the script to actors Terence Stamp, David Suchet and Jurgen Prochnow and they have all expressed their desire to be in the film. To work with these actors will be more than exhilarating and I'm looking forward to that. I have toyed with the idea of directing it myself but the role that I will be playing is more important to me than the directing. So I will leave the directing up to someone else. Someone very special,... but the question is who?"
However Paul Cross is enjoying the moment with Operation Terror. "Right now I'm excited and honored to be in the Monaco Charity Film Festival. I have seen the line-up of films that will be screened there and it is more than impressive. There's something for everyone. Stories that tell so many slices of life. This festival is Disneyland for film lovers. I want to see them all." Cross said.
The MCFF is scheduled for May 8 - 15, 2012. Operation Terror will screen
May 11th, 2012 at 2PM.Photo: