PRLog - May 8, 2012 - ST. LOUIS -- ST. LOUIS, MO — Mother’s Day is just around the corner, and while flowers are often the best way to show mom just how grateful you are for all she does to enrich your life, why not give her an eco-friendly gift that also respects Mother Nature. Here are a few gift ideas that will last long after Mother’s Day has passed and make mom feel really special.
Waste Management Logo1
• Treat mom to organic bath, hair or skin care products. Many major retailers now carry all-organic personal care products which are often packaged in 100 percent recycled materials and made with all natural ingredients.
• Wrap gifts in recycled or reused wrapping paper or funny papers. Also remember to save or recycle used wrapping paper.
• Give gifts that don’t require much packaging, such as concert tickets and gift certificates.
• When giving flowers as gifts, consider buying long-lasting silk flowers, potted plants, or live bushes, shrubs or tress that can be planted.
• Bake cookies or other goodies for your mom and package them in reusable and/or recyclable containers as gifts. Homemade goodies show how much you care and help you avoid packaging waste.
ABOUT WASTE MANAGEMENT
Waste Management, Inc., based in Houston, Texas, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste management services in North America. Through its subsidiaries, the company provides collection, transfer, recycling and resource recovery, and disposal services. It is also one of the largest residential recycler and a leading developer, operator and owner of waste-to-energy and landfill gas-to-energy facilities in the United States. The company’s customers include residential, commercial, industrial, and municipal customers throughout North America. To learn more information about Waste Management visit www.wm.com.