“Over the past two years – beginning with the launch of Sunset Cove Beach Club and Café, and followed by the premiere of LanierWorld – we’ve found that there’s an obvious demand for a great beach at the foothills of the North Georgia Mountains,” explains Lake Lanier Islands Resort CEO, Mike Williams. “Unfortunately, the nearest seaside is more than 4 hours away. That’s why we’ve sought to create a beach-themed entertainment district on the shores of Lake Lanier that offers something for every type of guest who passes through our gates. We’re discovering that every time we rise to meet that demand, the demand grows even more. This year, we’re trying to get a couple of steps in front of the demand and really blow our guests away.”
Divided into three distinct districts – Family Fun Park, Big Beach, and Sunset Cove – at its core, LanierWorld is a sprawling lakeside esplanade geared toward children of all ages. Not only has it quickly garnered a reputation for being a wonderful place for families and groups of friends to gather together for fun in the sun, but it is also being touted as a magnificent throwback to a good, old-fashioned date night featuring dancing in the moonlight, walks in the sand, and a Ferris wheel ride under the stars.
The ideal way to SPLASH into summer, LanierWorld opens for the 2012 season on Saturday, May 12. Die-hard fans can still expect to find a number of watering holes and eateries, loads of live music, and dozens of water attractions to keep them cool during the long, hot summer, but LanierWorld also has a few new tricks up its water wings.
NEW FOR 2012:
• NEW! At Big Beach – Situated at the heart of LanierWorld, guests will want to arrive even earlier than usual to stake out the perfect spot in the sand this year. On land, this summer marks the additions of a 50 foot Ferris wheel and Super Slide to enhance the spirit of a true boardwalk experience, as well as fire pits near the Tiki Hut for cozy beachside bonfires once the sun goes down. On the water, a new inflatable obstacle course, action tower, and trampoline add new meaning to the phrase “wet and wild fun”, while the addition of over 100 new dock slips will help meet the ever-increasing demand from guests who wish to visit the Islands by boat. In between the sand and spray, the Coca Cola Floating Stage will be rocking with regularly scheduled live entertainment. Perhaps most exciting, the debut of weekly Big Beach Parties on this stretch of white sandy beach will bring fun, games and live music to the shores of Lake Sidney Lanier every Saturday night.
• NEW! At Family Fun Park – Lined with Moms’ miniature base camps of operations disguised as lounge chairs, this portion of LanierWorld truly lives up to its name. In addition to Dive In Movies on the inflatable screen every Saturday night, LanierWorld’
• NEW! At Sunset Cove – Arguably one of the most popular districts in LanierWorld – particularly with the boating crowd – the Cove refuses to be outdone. They’ve added breakfast offerings at the Dog and Draft for early risers, Bruster’s Ice Cream will be on hand a new ice cream shop to satisfy any sweet tooth, and the 18-hole Lakeside Links Miniature Golf Course will now feature FREE admission with LanierWorld wristband. The Fun Dunker will continue to reign supreme as a major draw for kids, as will the covered seating and lakeside breezes at Sunset Cove Beach Café and Club for adults. Regularly scheduled entertainment on the floating stage, pick-up games of beach volleyball and signature Full Moon Parties have all served to put the Cove on the Georgia map.
• NEW! Islands Trolley – True to the nostalgic boardwalk theme, Lake Lanier Islands’ brand new fleet of trolleys will run a regular circuit around the Islands – including convenient trips between Legacy Lodge and LanierWorld.
LanierWorld Fan Favorites:
• Guests will find it hard to hunger for excitement with LanierWorld’
• As always, LanierWorld will boast a jam-packed calendar of events; most notable are the monthly Full Moon Parties and Fourth of July Celebration. The Islands really ramps up the fun this summer with the introduction of Big Beach Parties and “Friday Night is Fun Night” Events.
• Season passes to LanierWorld are available and include unlimited admission during the 2012 season – that’s unlimited rides on all of the water and amusement attractions, unlimited entry to Lake Lanier Islands Resort gate (during the LanierWorld season), unlimited games at Lakeside Links miniature golf course, and an unlimited amount of summer fun memories at Lake Lanier Islands Resort! Unlimited fountain drinks with souvenir cup and unlimited tube rentals can be added to enhance the season pass even more. It’s a great gift idea for the whole family, and one that keeps giving week after week. Season passes can be purchased at LanierWorld or online at www.lakelanierislands.com.
• Lake Lanier Islands Resort offers terrific “staycation”
“While many Georgians may have fond memories of the beach and water park at Lake Lanier Islands from their youth, we encourage them to come back and witness all of the exciting changes firsthand,” says Williams. “No longer geared solely toward families, we’ve designed this unique venue to appeal to a wide range of visitors – Sunset Cove with its kitschy Key West influences, Big Beach with its traditional seaside beach feel, and Family Fun Park with its classic water park appeal. First time visitor or long-time fan, we believe everyone will be pleasantly surprised by the ongoing transformation at Lake Lanier Islands Resort.”
To learn more about LanierWorld, purchase passes online, or view the event calendar, please visit http://www.lanierworld.com/
About Lake Lanier Islands Resort®: Nestled on the southern-most shoreline of Lake Sidney Lanier at the foothills of the scenic Blue Ridge Mountains lies the truly distinctive Lake Lanier Islands Resort®. Situated less than 45 miles from downtown Atlanta on 1,500 pristine acres of forests, meadows and beaches, this luxury resort is quickly growing in size, scope and reputation as one of the Southeast’s leading lakeside retreats.For more information, schedule a tee time, learn package details or make reservations, call (770) 945-8787 or visit Lake Lanier Islands’ website at http://www.lakelanierislands.com.