Yoga is considered a mental escape for moms. The benefits of yoga for mothers include flexibility, range of motion, builds strength, improves posture, massages all organs of the body, it’s a complete detoxification, better circulation, improves emotional health, lowers blood pressure and more.
Moms can take three yoga tools from the ‘Mama.ste’
1) Deep Breathing: Most of the breaths that the majority of people take throughout the day are quick, shallow breaths. Pranayama, or breath control, is one of the five principles in yoga. When you take the time to focus on your breath, you cannot help but become present in the moment. One easy technique is to take a full breath through your nose, hold it for a count of three, and then release through your nose. Repeat three more times.
3) Yoga moves: The great thing about these yoga poses is that you can do them with your children.
• Vipartia karani or leg up the wall pose can help calm the mind and ease anxiety. Plus, you can easily read a book to your child during the pose.
• Balasana or child's pose is another instant relaxing and calming pose.
• Savasana or corpse pose is one of the most basic yoga moves. Your child (or maybe even you) can be tempted to fall asleep while practicing it.
Visit www.urbanactive.com to find out more information.