Over 3500,000 votes were cast in support of the 2012 contestants, reflecting immense interest and supportiveness for moms building businesses at the same time they tend to their families.
"There's been a sea change among moms as they've come to realize that adding entrepreneurship to their lives brings exhilaration and immense gratification, not to mention supplemental-
"Winning this award means so much to me. Having a baby who needed to be breastfed, my childhood molestation, 3 teenage sons and deciding to take control of my life, led me to the solution and development of my product. I turned my weekness into my strength and started CoverMyHeart.com. Winning this award is like a heavy weight has been lifted off my shoulders, an accomplishment I wouldn't have dreamed of. Thanks to all the moms who believed in me and StartupNation.com for recognizing me." April Marcial of CoverMyHeart.com can be found at http://www.covermyheart.com/
The 2012 Leading Moms in Business ranking highlights some of the dominant trends, motivations and attributes among moms in business. They include:
* A great eye for providing attractive discounts, coupons, savings and value, all especially important to consumer moms of the recession era.
* A likelihood to come up with innovative products and solutions to address the challenging maze of motherhood. It's an environment that demands resourcefuless.
* The attraction of being your own boss looms large for moms wanting to take control they just can't find in a day job.
* Sustainable solutions and responsible business practices are increasingly paramount.
* Makeing the most of social media for business benefit is seemingly a birthright for the socially adept moms.
The full results of the 2012 Leading Moms in Business ranking are available on StartupNation's website at http://www.startupnation.com/
View this short clip CoverMyHeart.com Breastfeeding Cover with pillow back support.