NFL players and various foundations have expressed their support of this year's anniversary celebration by attending the events in their local school communities. They will be participating in the day's program by speaking to the children, reading a message from the First Lady and getting up to dance the 4-minute exercise routine that will be executed simultaneously in schools by thousands of elementary to high school students across the country.
The athletes and foundations involve in this effort include:
• Marques Colston of the New Orleans Saints
• Patrick Peterson of the Arizona Cardinals
• Jermaine Cunningham of the New England Patriots
• Duane Starks and The Starks Charitable Foundation http://www.starksfoundation.org/
• Stockar McDougle and Jerome McDougle and theMcDougle Family Foundation http://www.bcaasports.com/
• EJ Henderson and EJ Henderson Youth Foundation. http://www.ejhyf.org/
• Antwaan Randle El and The EL Foundation. http://theelfoundation.com/
• Rocky Macintosh and A GRAN Foundationwww.agranfoundation.org
• Sean James and The Sean James Foundation http://sjsafoundation.com/
• Diana Falk and The Hungry Fan www.thehungryfan.com
• Derrick Dockery, Yellow Ribbons United
• Marcus Stroud, Marcus Charitable Foundation www.marcusstroudcharitablefoundation.com
• Jonas Jennings, Jonas Jennings Foundation
• Raheem Brock, Raheem Brock Foundation www.raheembrock.com
• Hannibal Navies, 360 Football Academy www.360footballacademy.com
• Jerome McDougle, McDougle Family Foundation
• Dereck Faulkner, Athletes For Vets www.athletesforvets.org
• Chris Canty, Chris Canty Foundation www.chriscantyfoundation.org
• Quinton Carter. S.O.U.L. Foundation www.thesoul-
• Rian Wallace, Goals Over Obstacles www.goalsoverobstacles.com
Together, these athletes have provided a statement. "We are excited to be part of this important day and want to support the children and the schools dedicated to the First Lady's message of staying healthy and active. We can't wait to have fun and meet them."
"We are thrilled to receive the players' and foundations' overwhelming response to this year's celebration. Their presence will definitely make May 3rd an even more memorable and fun day for the children. As athletes, their support of the First Lady's message about the importance of 'moving your body' will resonate and make sense," says Rose Cameron, the CEO and Founder of WAT-AAH!.
With the support of NABEF, Let's Move! and Beyonce, WAT-AAH!, a functional water brand for kids, is organizing the anniversary celebration. To commemorate the day, WAT-AAH! will be staffing the event and providing additional music, entertainment, T-shirts, fun merchandising as well as products to the children who are participating.