Cache-A recently featured all of its products that integrate with these NAS/SAN solutions -- the award-winning Pro-Cache5, the high-performance Power-Cache and the quiet, desktop Prime-Cache5 -- at the National Association of Broadcasters Convention (NAB 2012) in Las Vegas, NV.
“Cache-A remains fully committed and focused on our ‘Archiving Made Easy’ approach to improving archiving for today’s digital media professionals,”
The SAN/NAS integration enables Cache-A archive appliances to mount directly to those storage platforms and allows end users to pull data directly from those storage platforms. Previously, a client was needed to see both the Cache-A device and the SAN/NAS. Now, by eliminating the need to tie up another client, faster data transfers are possible, particularly because of GigE, rather than Fibre Channel, connectivity.
New Version 2.1 Software Release
In addition to SAN and NAS integration, Cache-A products now feature its latest Version 2.1 software release. Many of these new capabilities were originally included in the new Power-Cache and are now available without charge across the entire Cache-A product line.
Highlights of these new features include:
• Job Queue: The ability to queue jobs from multiple users or events and automatically run jobs in sequence improves productivity in demanding user environments
• Better Status Reporting in the Transfer Summary: New status reporting shows users more information about the progress of file transfers
• ASP Protocol: Now offers the ability to directly mount Apple file shares, improving performance and convenience in Mac environments
• Configuration of Multiple Ethernet Ports: New network configuration controls give users the ability to set up and view the status of each Ethernet port
The Cache-A Product Family
Simple to deploy, Cache-A’s line of archive appliances offer the most integrated networked archiving solution to help increase productivity. They all write data on low-cost, secure, portable, interchangeable and IT industry-standard LTO-5 tape cartridges that have a 30-year archival life. The latest generation of LTO-5 offers 1.5 terabytes (TB) of storage per cartridge, while also providing significantly faster archiving speeds.
The Cache-A product family includes:
• Pro-Cache Library24/Library48 Automation Appliances: Available in either 24 or 48 tape slot configurations, these library options work with Pro-Cache and Power-Cache models to automate cartridge loading for archiving, restoring and even cartridge spanning when archiving large projects; they offer near-line archival capacity of up to 72 TBs (Library48) or 36 TBs (Library24)
All of these products offer LTFS (Linear Tape File System) capability as a free option to the industry standard tar format. Based on open source software, LTFS enables users to interchange content across different operating systems, software applications and physical locations.
About Cache-A Corporation
The expert in LTFS applications and the winner of Creative Cow’s Blue Ribbon Award for NAB 2011 for “Best Archiving System,” Cache-A is a leading supplier of network-attached archive appliances for the media and entertainment industry. Cache-