1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release
  1. PR Home
  2. Latest News
  3. Feeds
  4. Alerts
  5. Submit Free Press Release
  6. Journalist Account
  7. PRNewswire Distribution

MAR-JCC’s Israel 64 I-Factor Winner Chosen!

On Wednesday, April 25, 2012 the Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center/Sanford L. Ziff Campus, celebrated the State of Israel’s 64th Birthday that included a singing competition called I-Factor!

 
 
Melissa Bibliowicz, from Cooper City High School
Melissa Bibliowicz, from Cooper City High School
PRLog - May 1, 2012 - A spin-off combo of the “X-FACTOR” and the ever-popular “American Idol,” the competition, created for kids grades 6-12, featured 8 contestants who sang songs with an “Israel theme.”

After several weeks of auditions, the contests were narrowed down to eight finalists who sang in front of a panel of judges similar to American Idol, for the coveted “I-FACTOR” Title, and a chance to win a round-trip ticket to Israel, sponsored by El Al Airlines and Jerry Allen Travel. The contestants performed in front of an audience of nearly 500 people, and were voted on via text messaging which counted for 30% of the vote, and the remaining 70% of the decision came from the three judges.

After all was “sang” and done, the winner of the competition was Melissa Biblowicz, a Cooper City High School Senior who performed her rendition of the popular Israeli song Shma Israel Elochai.

Overcome with emotion, the teary-eyed Melissa was presented with the grand prize of a round-trip ticket to Israel, by Israel 64 Committee Chair, Mindy Hardoon. “This was one of the most exciting and thrilling things that has ever happened to me,” explained Melissa. “I’ve never won anything like this before, and I’m so happy I was a part of this competition and celebration,” she continued.

The entire group of contestants ended the show with a group song called Yad be Yad, written by Talma Elyagon Roz and composed by Roni Vice. Music and Vocal Director for the show was Danny Prus. The Israel 64 Celebration was made possible through the generosity of the Falic Family in memory of Fima, Chaim Falic.

Photo:
http://www.prlog.org/11863859/1

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@marjcc.org Email Verified
Source:Michael-Ann Russell Jewish Community Center
Phone:305-932-4200
Zip:33180
City/Town:North Miami Beach - Florida - United States
Industry:Entertainment, Arts, Event
Tags:I-Factor, American Idol, x-factor, South Florida Talent Competitions, Israel 64, jewish community center, miami
Shortcut:prlog.org/11863859
Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Latest Press Releases By “

More...

Trending News...



  1. SiteMap
  2. Privacy Policy
  3. Terms of Service
  4. Copyright Notice
  5. About
  6. Advertise
Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share