CONTACT: Colleen Hodson
View Dude Ranchers Association Media Kit
Summer is just around the corner and the Dude Ranchers’ Association (DRA) wants to make sure the vacation season kicks off properly with discounts, deals, and specialty weeks. Dude ranch stays are the original American all-inclusive vacation enjoyed by children and adults alike. In addition to traditional activities like horseback riding, fishing, and hiking, many dude ranches are creating weeks dedicated to additional interests. 2012 specialty weeks appeal to travelers with interests in everything from yoga to horses, tastings to quilting. Just a few of this summer’s specialty weeks at DRA ranches include:
• Smith Fork Ranch: Taste of the West May 23-June 15 and August 26-31
• The Home Ranch: Women’s Yoga and Natural Horsemanship Retreat May 27- June 2 and June 2-8
• Hawley Mountain Ranch: Wellness Week June 3-10
• The Lodge and Spa at Brush Creek Ranch: Father and Son Bonding Weekend June 15- 17
• Red Rock Ranch: Fitness Week June 24-30
• Vee Bar Ranch: Hands on Horse Week August 5-11
• Nine Quarter Circle Ranch: Montana Cowgirl Quilting Retreat August 26- September 2
• Mountain Sky Ranch: Adults Only Fall Round-up August 26- September 2
Many ranches are offering discounts and package deals to promote new attractions. 2012 Discounts and deals include:
• Echo Valley Ranch: Cariboo Gold Rush 150th Anniversary Package
• Lone Mountain Ranch: New York to Montana Package in honor of the direct flight from Newark/NYC to Bozeman. 10% off a six night stay.
• Colorado Trails Ranch: 15% discount on weekly stays June 3 and 10. 20% discount in September.
• T-Cross Ranch: 50% off Wyoming pack trips when booking a week’s stay
• Moose Head Ranch: 15% discount for groups and families of 7 or more staying prior to June 20
First formed in 1926, the Dude Ranchers’ Association has over 100 member ranches and 150 associate members primarily in the western U.S. and Canada. Ranches must participate in a rigorous two year inspection and approval process to join. As the governing body for the west’s dude ranch industry, the DRA strives to maintain the highest standards of quality in areas from accommodations to horsemanship.
For more information about the Dude Ranchers’ Association, specialty weeks, packages, and dude ranch vacations contact Colleen Hodson at email@example.com or visit www.duderanch.org.