Unfortunately and surprisingly to say the least this demand is not all tapped in the Indian market. Over 90 percent of the used car market is still very haphazard with the presence of only local players and remaining organized market is a mere 10 percent. The worst part is more than 60% of the used car purchasing is done directly between buyer and the customer. The demand is plenty but the supply is few and far in between. There are enough consumers’ who are willing to loosen their purse strings but not enough players to cater to them.
Then there is also the factor of individual whims and fancies. Since the market is largely unorganized some of the key factors like pricing, claims for maintenances, and clear ownership records and others are easily forged and the gullible buyers easily vouch for it as most of them know nothing about the legalities and technicalities about buying a second hand car. The mechanics that check the vehicle and the middlemen easily play an upper hand with little regard to the consumers. First timers are usually at the receiving end of these deals.
There are also second hand car sellers who play the dirty game and try to sell off a damaged or problematic vehicle. It has been noted that second hand car dealers use fake parts or sub-standard equipments to offer an attractive price. The second hand car dealer make anywhere from 5-10 percent by settling the deal through low quality parts. It has been the experience of many a car owners who brought cars from second hand car dealers that they had to spend a handsome amount on repairs.
So then how does one benefit from buying a used car and not get cheated. For sellers or buyers always go for authorized dealers or third party players who have a standard procedure in place for buying and selling of second hand cars. Also ensure that you have all the papers in place. In fact most car companies have realized the potential for used car market and have their own retail chains.
Market speculations predict that 50 percent of the used cars sales will be organized car market by 2013. Used car outlets will spread into II tier cities in the next couple of year. Leading car players say that their used car ventures are paying handsome dividends. Hence the companies are now making it mandatory for their dealers to run used car outlets also.
The branded used car outlets are now dealing in multiple brands. They know that they can win over customer loyalty by offering one-stop shop for all queries. They are offering not only assistance in sales and buying, but in offering finances, insurance and many other services. Bottom line is a 15-month-old Merc or BMW which has done 15,000 km will be available at anywhere between Rs 25-28 lakh, compared to its sticker price of Rs 37-45 lakh. So it’s up to you to make most of it.
Carsingh Auto Tech Private Limited:
Buy Used Car with CarSingh.com Used cars in India. Search used cars for sale from individual seller and dealers. Check out all the cars available for sale in your city. At CarSingh.com, buyer can search the used cars on the basis of price range, make-model and city. CarSingh provides the best channel for buying and selling of second hand cars.
Here, buyers can find the best used cars at low prices and also get the full consultancy on car buying process.
CarSingh.com also provides second handcars certification;
If you are purchasing the car directly from second hand car dealers, then do a dealers reference check, read his reviews, don’t do full advance payment.
If you need any help for buying a used car, call us at 8880555599 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org
Issued By: CarSingh Team,
Address: No. 31, G.R. Complex, 3rd Floor, Service Road, Domlur Layout, Bangalore-560071