Board president and chief instigator, Jack Presnal said, “Films to be produced will be very modestly budgeted. Their excellence will come from the contributions of the members. No matter your background, there is a role in CFSSB for everybody. Making a movie requires the widest range of skills, not just technical film skills, to reach the screen. So, truly, even with no experience or background, there is an important part for everyone to play.”
First film for CFSSB will be under the tutelage of well-known actress Finola Hughes, who is expanding her repertoire to directing with this first feature for CFSSB. She said, “I am extremely excited to be involved in this endeavor; joining my community in the launch of such a new, autonomous venture in film making.”
To get started, it's easy. Just follow these steps and you're on your way to working in the movies!
Start at the CFSSB website: http://www.cfssb.org
1. Complete an online application and join ($25 per individual or $50 for a family. Dues can be paid via cash, check or MC/Visa/AMEX.)
2. Join a committee and start helping to shape our process and path. This is YOUR film studio.
3. Consider crew positions you might have skills in, or are interested in learning about. There are many positions that require no film background or training.
4. Take a workshop and start becoming a master at one of the many areas of production.
5. Once the shooting schedule is announced, try to make time available in your schedule to be able to participate. This is the single most important contribution you can make.
6. Become a part of the film's promotional effort through Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, etc. Help build awareness and interest in others seeing the film. Not only will we make the films but we will distribute them as well. We ARE the marketing department!
7. Bring all your neighbors to a screening. Buy the DVD. Download and watch.
8. Now, let's start on the next movie.
Board members for CFSSB include: Jack Presnal, Founder & President; Annie J. Dahlgren, Treasurer; Phebe Mansur, Secretary; Patrick Gregston, Kimi Vandyk, John Macurdy, James Kahn, and Jason Lehman.
Join us on Sunday afternoon; April 29 from 2 to 4 p.m. at the Marjorie Luke Theatre, 721 E. Cota St. (SB Jr. High) for an introduction to the project, how you can become a part of it and meet the board of directors who will be playing integral roles as mentors in CFSSB. No charge for this event and there’s plenty of free parking on school grounds.
For more info call (805)751-5678 or log onto : www.cfssb.org
Community Film Studio Santa Barbara, Inc. is committed to bringing the joy and camaraderie of community theater to the making of feature motion pictures. CFSSB is a non-profit, 501(c)(3) corporation. Your membership dues and other donations are tax deductible to the fullest extent of the law.
Tax ID Number: 45-3189398
No ~ The story is just beginning!