Gregg Hollander, Hollander Law Firm
Kim Sailer, BARD Marketing
Work Zone & Construction Zone Safe Driving Tips
Boca Raton, FL – The Hollander Law Firm (www.hollanderlawfirm.com)
According to workzonesafety.org about 800 people, most of them motorists, are killed in roadway work zones every year and approximately 40,000 are injured. Work zones can be dangerous for both construction workers and motorists. They require extra caution on the part of drivers. It is important to remember that speed limits are posted during road construction to keep workers safe. Slow down when you enter a work zone and let workers do their job and stay safe.
The Florida Department of Transportation (FDOT) (http://www.itseveryonesjob.com/
Each year in April, National Work Zone Awareness Week (NWZAW) is held to bring national attention to motorist and worker safety and mobility issues in work zones. Since 1999, the Federal Highway Association (FHWA) (http://www.fhwa.dot.gov/
Here are some helpful Work Zone Safety Tips to help ensure everyone’s safety:
* Slow down; do not speed in work zones; obey the posted speed limits.
* Stay Alert! Expect the unexpected.
* Watch for workers and their equipment; drive with caution.
* Pay attention to warning signs; obey Road Crew Flaggers.
* Anticipate lane shifts and merge when directed to do so; don't change lanes unnecessarily.
* Keep a safe distance between you and the car in front of you; do not tailgate (The most common crash in a highway work zone is the rear end collision).
* Do not use mobile phones while driving in work zones; eliminate driver distractions.
* Do not drink and drive.
* Turn on headlights so that workers and other drivers can see you.
* Be especially alert at night while driving in work zones.
* Expect delays, especially during peak travel times.
* Plan ahead; find an alternative route.
* Be patient and stay calm!
Most crashes in construction zones are preventable, as are the deaths and injuries that occur. Education and outreach campaigns like National Work Zone Awareness Week stress the importance of protecting workers, motorists and pedestrians. Please do your part – Drive Smart to Arrive Alive.
The Hollander Law firm is headquartered in Boca Raton, Florida, at 7000 W. Palmetto Park Road, Suite 500. The firm also has offices in Naples and Fort Myers. The attorney can be contacted at (561) 347-7770. Additional information about Hollander Law Firm may be obtained from the firm's website at http://www.hollanderlawfirm.com. Also visit our Facebook page (http://www.facebook.com/
# # #
Beyond All Reasonable Doubt Marketing is a strategic marketing firm focused on helping law firm clients become more successful through increased business. For more information, contact (561) 637-2576, email@example.com, or www.bardmarketing.com.