1. Latest News
  2. Submit Press Release
  1. PR Home
  2. Latest News
  3. Feeds
  4. Alerts
  5. Submit Free Press Release
  6. Journalist Account
  7. PRNewswire Distribution
Celtrino Logo

Is Europe’s public sector ready to save €40 billion by embracing e-Invoicing?

That so much potential for savings is lying untapped across the European Union public sector is a key takeaway from the Billentis 2011 e-Invoicing Report.

 
PRLog - Apr. 5, 2012 - DUBLIN, Ireland -- That so much potential for savings is lying untapped across the European Union public sector is a key takeaway from the Billentis 2011 e-Invoicing Report.  The sheer scale of the savings that could be realised, standing at some €40 billion, needs to be addressed especially when many EU member states are laden with ever increasing debt burdens.

Ken Halpin, Managing Director of Celtrino today announced that Celtrino is actively engaged in tackling Ireland’s public sector e-Invoicing challenge via the Irish government sponsored PEPPOL project.

“When the global economy was thriving, there was less tactical pressure on companies or governments to rein in costs. A strategic approach to lean supply chain management for competitive advantage was mainly the preserve of far-sighted companies operating in the private sector,” said Ken Halpin, Managing Director, Celtrino.

Today, with many European economies in the doldrums, the European political class is recognising the potential for huge cost savings from e-Invoicing adoption by the public sector. The Irish PEPPOL project is one such example and Celtrino is partnering with the Health Service Executive and selected suppliers to demonstrate the savings potential’” added Halpin.

Approximately 10% of all market invoice volume is attributable to the business and public sectors. Some 18% of the 16 billion are in electronic format and  that still leaves a staggering 82% that are still delivered via the traditional print and post channel. Unquestionably, the public sector itself is the pivot upon which planned e-Invoicing initiatives will fail or succeed.

“In addition to the monetary savings this is a great opportunity for Ireland Inc. to demonstrate to the European Union and the global business community that we are e-Business enabled,” added Halpin.  He continued: “The Chinese business community remembers only too well how laden its old economy was with layer upon layer of paperwork. As European political leaders court the Chinese for foreign direct investment, a notable differentiator will be the ease with which B2B and G2B processes are e-enabled.”

You can download your own copy of the report by visiting the Celtrino website at:
http://www.celtrino.ie/campaign/e-invoicing_in_2012.aspx

# # #

Celtrino specialises in business process and supply chain document automation solutions. With over 20 years of successful trading under our belt, Celtrino has consistently delivered outstanding business value to our customers.

--- End ---

Click to Share

Contact Email:
***@celtrino.ie Email Verified
Source:Celtrino
Phone:+3538739911
City/Town:Dublin - Dublin - Ireland
Industry:Technology, Government, Business
Tags:e-invoicing, celtrino, e-government, e-business, peppol
Shortcut:prlog.org/11842537
Disclaimer:   Issuers of the press releases are solely responsible for the content of their press releases. PRLog can't be held liable for the content posted by others.   Report Abuse

Latest Press Releases By “

More...

Trending News...



  1. SiteMap
  2. Privacy Policy
  3. Terms of Service
  4. Copyright Notice
  5. About
  6. Advertise
Like PRLog?
9K2K1K
Click to Share