Launch Press Release, April 2012
Introducing 5rooms.com, the new home and living store that crosses boundaries
Meet the 5rooms.com founders: Sean Weldon – a local furniture maven; Emilian Popa – a global entrepreneur who co-founded Groupon South Africa back in 2010; Nireshni Naidoo – a South African e-commerce veteran; and Tiffany Hopkins – a business intelligence expert.
These passionate home and living aficionados saw a gap in the market, envisioning a way for local suppliers to expand their footprint and for international players to explore one of Africa’s fastest growing markets, while bringing South Africans safe, easy and affordable shopping for everything from office furniture to home décor.
5rooms.com strives to provide a world-class online shopping experience when buying homeware and furniture online. They offer their customers 24 hour access to an ever-increasing range of popular designs and hard to get brands; a huge array of products including furniture, homeware, lighting, accessories, appliances and home décor for house, garden and kids, as well as office furniture; full product listings with all the information needed to make informed buying decisions (each item includes high-quality photographs and detailed descriptions);
5rooms.com is part of a network comprising more than ten home and living sites, including Home24.de, Zanui.com.au and Mebelrama.ru. It aims to have the most complete offering in South Africa, while ensuring the cutting edge in design and prices friendly to any budget. Even though http://www.5rooms.com only went live three weeks ago, the site is already seeing an overwhelmingly positive response from suppliers and shoppers alike. This encouraging feedback has set the team on fire – the company plans to grow from their current collection of 1,300 products to 10,000 by spring!
There are 48 brands on board to date, representing the entire spectrum from major international manufacturers to independent local design houses, with more signups daily.
The South African market doesn’t promise to be easy, but http://www.5rooms.com is confident in providing the world-class online shopping experience it stands for.
5rooms.com: every thing for every space
Your one-stop shop for home & living
• Furniture, homeware, lighting, accessories, appliances and décor for home, office, garden
and kids, plus a design gallery
• An ever-increasing range of local designs & international brands
• Online for 24 hours access from your home or office
Excellent customer care
• Safe and secure payment using EFT, credit card or cash on delivery (in select urban areas), with other payment options in the pipeline
• Fast & free delivery between 8am & 5pm, Monday-Friday, return and exchange options
Telephonic and online Customer Care
• Online and mobile with search, advertising, social media, bloggers and affiliates
• Offline through events, print and TV ads, as well as PR
A world-class online shopping experience
• Products for every budget whether you’re furnishing a one-room studio or an entire office
• All the information you need to make informed buying decisions
• Items include customer ratings, style and colour details, dimensions, delivery times & high-quality photographs
Excellent product presentation on site
• Intelligent usability features and a seamless shopping experience
• Browse by category, brand or trend
Old Warehouse, 2nd Floor
Black River Park
2 Fir St, Observatory
Cape Town, 7925
email@example.com | +27 21 200 7621
# # #
5rooms.com strives to provide a world-class online shopping experience when buying homeware and furniture online in South Africa.