Our expert line-up of speakers will look at emerging tactics, debate challenges and provide advice on how to make effective use of covert solutions in an operational context at a time when budgets are limited.
We will provide advice on how best to incorporate covert tactics into your overall investigation strategy and look at some of the potential solutions that you might not be aware is available.
We will also look at how to ensure your covert tactics stand up to scrutiny and ensure you achieve best evidence.
• How to covertly gain intelligence about a suspect through financial investigation
• Best practice around the Regulation of Investigatory Powers Act (RIPA)
• Interception of communication – best practice
• Proportionality – best practice
• Covert Human Intelligence Sources – best practice
• Ensuring your Covert Identity and Protecting Investigators
• Charles Miller, former policy advisor to Home Office Covert Investigation Policy Team
• Gerry Doyle, former West Midlands Police detective and covert financial investigation expert
• Ian Hynes, Greater Manchester Police Major Incident Team
• Neil Smith, investigative researcher and trainer in Open Source Intelligence techniques
Further speakers to be announced shortly
Who should attend?
• SIOs who want to further explore the potential that covert tactics can offer
• All those in the investigative arena who want to find out more about the potential of covert policing
• Covert practitioners who are keen to share best practice and network with colleagues in UK police forces
• The conference will also feature an exhibition of suppliers and covert specialists who will be showcasing the latest technology
Cost: One delegate £95 or two delegates for £149
Venue address: Rothley Court Hotel, Westfield Lane, Rothley, Leicestershire, LE7 7LG
Start time: 9.30am
Finish time: 3.45pm
A certificate of attendance is available
Accommodation is available at the venue for £60 B&B. Telephone the venue on
0116 237 4141 and quote ‘The Investigator’
For full booking details visit www.the-investigator.co.uk or follow this following link: http://www.the-