Nearly 300 administrative professionals responded to the survey, representing more than 15 industries and nearly 200 companies of all sizes from around the world. Respondents were asked to identify the common workplace challenges they face as well as the number one thing management could do to help make them more effective in the administrative role.
The survey shed light on 7 key areas where administrative professionals need support from business leaders. Businesses looking to elevate performance and increase retention of high-quality administrative professionals should focus on the following:
1. Engage them. Your administrative professionals want to feel more involved in what’s happening throughout the business.
2. Leverage their true talents. Admins have skills and interests that go far beyond their day-to-day tasks.
3. Empower them. Admins are often stifled by micromanagement and lack of authority.
4. Value them. Recognize that your administrative team is an essential component of your business success.
5. Articulate your expectations. Clear, accurate and timely communication helps ensure peak performance.
6. Train them. Don’t overlook the importance of offering developmental opportunities.
7. Enrich their working experience. Provide room for personal and professional growth.
Career coach and corporate consultant Chrissy Scivicque shares this additional insight: “As a former executive assistant, I understand the unique challenges and opportunities associated with administrative roles. Taking just a few simple steps to help support these critical employees can have an enormous impact on your entire team and the business as a whole.”
Those interested in learning more about the survey and how to implement these 7 key actions to elevate performance and increase retention of high-quality administrative professionals can do so by visiting http://www.ElevateAdmins.com.
# # #
Founded in 2009, Eat Your Career (a division of CCS Ventures, LLC) is a coaching and consulting company dedicated to professional development and career advancement. We offer a variety of services for private individuals and corporate clients. Based out of Denver, CO, we are available for work both locally and globally. ELEVATE Admins is a comprehensive training and coaching program designed to elevate performance, increase satisfaction and improve retention of high-quality administrative professionals.