Version 2.0 essential new features:
• Expanded and improved Stereo Generator toolset
o Extended integration capability—explicit alpha mask support and occlusion (uncovered area) mask output simplifies use of external clean plates and third-party tools for background reconstruction
• Custom "Spatial propagation"
• Depth upscaling accurately increases the resolution of small depth maps by precisely applying object boundary data from the original full-resolution 2D image
2D to 3D Suite key features:
• Automatically generate realistic depth maps using a variety of approaches; in many cases, rotoscoping is only necessary for important objects, depending on quality requirements
• Propagate depth from key frames—using just a few hand-painted or automatically generated depth maps, the software calculates depth maps for the entire scene
o Generate background depth for ultra-high-quality conversions of blockbuster theatrical releases
o Propagate edits throughout a scene
• Depth map refinement tools
o Control the detail level and border accuracy of the depth map
o Add realistic details to hand-painted depth maps, thus avoiding the cardboard effect
• High-quality stereo generator
o Fully automatic stereo generation from 2D+Depth
o Special attention to accurate processing of transparent, fuzzy edges
YUVsoft’s 2D to 3D Suite is in use now and has been successfully employed in converting full-length movies and commercials across a range of conversion budgets and quality requirements. The software enables a small team of about 20 people to convert full-length movies for inexpensive cinema releases within one to two months, depending on the movie type and quality requirements. For the highest-quality conversion with extensive rotoscoping and painting, 2D to 3D Suite can more than double productivity by supporting background depth generation and editing, depth refinement and high-quality stereo generation.
In addition to 2D-to-3D conversion tools, YUVsoft offers stereo video correction and conversion products for automatic correction of geometry and color mismatches between views, disparity correction to enable parallax and screen-plane level adjustment, stereo-to-multiview conversion and disparity map estimation.
For additional information, contact YUVsoft:
+1 (408) 426-5988
NAB Show, April 16–19, Las Vegas: South Lower Hall, booth SL13108
# # #
YUVsoft Corp. is a private company formed by an R&D team from Moscow State University. YUVsoft develops products by applying more than 10 years of experience in video processing, image processing and multimedia data compression, as well as several years of 2D+Depth and stereo video processing experience. The company also has broad expertise in video quality estimation, including stereoscopic, multiview and 2D+Depth video, and in 2D video processing for quality enhancement, compression and analysis.