Of the Top 40 Restaurants in the U.S. selected, six of them did not appear on last year’s list, and one of those, Menton, is gracing the list for the very first time. Five that made Top 40 lists in earlier years are making a comeback: Frasca Food & Wine, The Herbfarm, Coi, The Inn at Little Washington, and TRU. That means that six from last year's list did not make the cut: Charlie Trotter's, Thomas Henkelmann, Arrows Restaurant, The Restaurant at Meadowood, The Dining Room (in San Francisco), and L'Escalier.
Other lists by these esteemed restaurant critics include:
• Top 10 New Restaurants in the U.S. – great places that opened recently
• 5 Rising Chefs – American chefs 30 and under who are making their mark
• Top 10 Steakhouses in the U.S. – which chefs serve the best steak?
• Top 10 Romantic Restaurants in the U.S. – appearing in the Restaurant Issue for the very first time
• Top 10 Insider Picks in the U.S. – reveals where to dine for a taste of local flavor, good food and good times.
This year for the first time, all of the restaurants that earned awards are presented with either an exclusive video interview with the chef or a photo gallery that includes pictures of the chef, the restaurant and the food. The issue includes an examination of the major Culinary Trends for 2012.
The GAYOT.com Annual Restaurant Issue iPhone app is now available on the App Store. In addition, there is a series of five videos to be released over time that will take readers behind the scenes of the making of the Restaurant Issue.
GAYOT.com website is an internationally renowned and professional guide to dining, hotels, travel and lifestyle, including spas, movies and automobiles, for readers in search of the best across the world. With thousands and thousands of unbiased, informative, honest and witty reviews, all written by a worldwide team of discerning professionals, GAYOT.com serves as a serious resource, providing timeless coverage while keeping pace with the latest trends. The publications began in France in 1969 with the award-winning GaultMillau guide books, during which André Gayot and his friends Henri Gault and Christian Millau coined and promoted the term Nouvelle Cuisine.
GAYOT.com evaluates restaurants on a 20-point scale. The rankings reflect only GAYOT.com's opinion of the overall quality of the cuisine. No restaurant will ever earn a perfect 20, and there are no restaurants rated less than 10 points, as they would not be good enough to be recommended.
• Check out the Restaurant Issue at http://www.gayot.com/
• Download the FREE App at http://itunes.apple.com/
• View Behind the Scenes Videos at http://www.gayot.com/
GAYOT.com Guides You To The Good Life!
For more information, please contact Sophie Gayot at sophie.gayot@