Gout Home Remedies
There are several home remedies for gout which are safe to use and can be tried at home easily. Some of the popular home remedies for gout are:
1. First thing do when you have a gout attack is to rest with your joint in an elevated position.
2. One of the effective home remedies for gout is the use of ice. Take an ice pack and apply it to the affected joint. This will numb the area and give soothing effect to the joint.
3. Cherry is also one of the efficient home remedies for gout. All you need to do is consume fifteen to twenty cherries every morning after you wake up. Cherries are known to have antioxidant which not only helps in giving relief from the inflammation but also reduce frequent flare-ups of gout.
4. Take mustard powder and wheat powder in equal quantities and make a paste by mixing with water. Now apply this paste on the affected area and leave it there for overnight to get effective relief from pain.
5. Those suffering from gout on toes can soak their feet thirty minutes in a mixture of water and one third cup of ground ginger. This will make you sweat and as a result help in eliminating uric acid. After soaking your feet immediately take a bath because if your skin dries then the ginger can cause skin irritation.
6. In case of gout of the foot, mix some charcoal powder in water and soak your feet for the next thirty minutes to one hour into this mixture. It will give you instant relief from the pain.
7. Lime is also very helpful in treating gout. Lime is a good source of vitamin C and helps in treating sore joints by giving strength to the connective tissues. Lime is known to contain citric acid which is a solvent of uric acid. All you need to do is squeeze half a lime into glass of water and then drink this juice. Try to drink lime juice two times in a day.
8. Raw vegetable juice is also effective in treating gout. Take 300 ml of carrot juice and add 100 ml each of cucumber juice and beetroot juice to it. Consume this mixture on daily basis.
9. Consuming one apple after each meal is also very effective in treating gout. Apple contains malic acid which neutralizes the uric acid.
10. Take a diet of eight to nine bananas only for three to four days and do not eat anything else. It will be very beneficial in providing relief from the gout.
These were some of the effective home remedies for gout which are simple, cost-effective and safe to use. Visit http://www.home-
# # #
Ayurved Research Foundation is a GMP certified Ayurvedic research, manufacturing and export company from India. It offers high quality authentic ayurvedic medicines, herbal products and other herbal preparations.