Today, one of London’s most stylish hotels has revealed the UK’s first edible chocolate hotel room.
Two lucky guests will be able to choc-in to the hab-eat-able room tonight - eating their way out at the end of their stay.
Neil Braude, hotel manager at The Cavendish London, says: “What could be more fun than waking up feeling a bit peckish and being able to munch your way through the do not disturb sign? Or taking a nibble out of the flowers?
“Easter’s not Easter without chocolate and we wanted to create an eggstra special Easter treat for chocolate lovers. The room will choc-up for one night only, melting away in the morning.”
Professional Chef students from Westminster Kingsway College have carefully crafted the 12th-floor room in the Jermyn Street hotel from almost 100kg of luxurious Callebaut chocolate.
Simon Woods, chef lecturer Westminster Kingsway College, adds: “With chocolate slippers, a life-sized painting and giant Easter sculpture, to name only a few of the items, guests will have pick of the room to unwrap and eat up before they check out.”
About The Cavendish London
• Guests have rate The Cavendish London 92% on TripAdvisor
• The Cavendish London is one of the most eco-friendly hotels in London, receiving the Most Sustainable Business award from Visit London in 2010 and three gold stars from the Sustainable Restaurant Association
• Rosa Lewis was the famous proprietor of The Cavendish from 1902-1952. The celebrity cook of her time had clients including King Edward VII and Winston Churchill’s family.
• Today, The Cavendish London is a four-star, 230-room independent hotel that continues to offer the exceptionally high standards of Rosa Lewis
• Its British restaurant Petrichor holds an AA Rosette
• The hotel ranked 43rd in The Sunday Times’ 100 Best Small Companies to Work For list – the only hotel
About Westminster Kingsway College
Westminster Kingsway College has an excellent reputation within the hospitality and catering industry and famous former students include Jamie Oliver. The College offers a unique opportunity to study in central London for vocational qualifications that are tailored direct to employment opportunities. Westminster Kingsway College is recognised as one of the leading providers of education and training and has been accredited with the new national Training Quality Standard. For further information visit www.westking.ac.uk.
Callebaut is the preferred chocolate for chefs throughout the United Kingdom. Callebaut has only one objective – to produce chocolate of such superior quality and workability that it supports the professional in their efforts to create wonderful chocolate products which will excite and delight their end consumers. Become part of the Callebaut Chocolate community!
Contact for high-resolution images and further information:
Louise Tabor or Fiona Hamilton
William Murray Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
020 8256 1360
Book a room and experience world class sustainability – and the quintessentially British treatment at The Cavendish London!
Call +44 (0)20 7930 2111 for reservations or for more information
# # #
An award-winning PR & communications agency for foodservice, leisure and hospitality brands. Founded in 1987, we are proud to still have clients since the day we opened. Senior management with blue-chip backgrounds, and national newspaper-trained writers.