1) Messaging: NewRx to Mail Order
2) Surescripts XML implementation Guide 4.21
Divan Dave, CEO of OmniMD, commented, “We are happy to announce that we are one of the few EHR providers who’ve obtained this functionality. Surescripts is an important componentin our completeEHR and we look forward to ongoing partnership with Surescripts. OmniMD Version 11.2 has been designed to provide the best tools to help clinicians run their practices more efficiently and give them more time to focus on their patients.”
Surescripts Prescription Routing v. 4.21 provides the ability for prescribers to send NEWRX messages to mail order and retail pharmacies through one Surescripts electronic gateway. Highlights include:
• The Surescripts 4.21 NEWRX message is a new prescription order containing a COO segment that can be sent from a prescriber to a mail order or retail pharmacy.
• Surescripts has developed the capability for a vendor on the VA network to send prescriptions to a mail order pharmacy on the MN network.
• This capability includes the NEWRX message and related synchronous response messages (STATUS, VERIFY, ERROR).
• To obtain access to the mail order pharmacies, a technology vendor must be certified for prescription benefits (eligibility and formulary) and Surescripts Network version 4.21 NEWRX.
• These requirements must be met to get access to certain PBM/Payer benefit data.
“OmniMD serves more than 10,000 users and we are consistently evaluating new technologies to enhance our EHR software. Migrating to Surescripts Version 4.21 is our latest benchmark. This will empower our clients to send mail orders directly to pharmacies and patients in a single effort. OmniMD is fully committed to implementing and adding new features to the system to give our providers a higher return on their investment,”
OmniMD is a division of Integrated Systems Management, Inc., which is a leader in software development and information technology consulting since 1989. OmniEHR™, OmniPM™ and OmniMD Services offer unparalleled reliability, ease-of-use, efficiency, interoperability, and customizability. OmniMD v.11.2 is ONC-ATCB 2011/2012 certified as a Complete EHR and is also CCHIT Certified® 2011 for Ambulatory EHR with a 5-Star usability rating. For full certification details, please visit http://www.cchit.org/
OmniMD offers a comprehensive set of services such as Revenue Cycle Management (RCM), medical transcription, document scanning and indexing, a patient portal, patient reminders, IT andnetworking, and eligibility verification as part of an integrated solution to help practices effectively address their financial, administrative, clinical, and regulatory needs.For more information, please visit http://www.omnimd.com.
Alex Zoller, OmniMD
(914) 332-5590 x115