In 2011 the company achieved the following goals:
• Eliminated all use of foam packing materials
• Used 100% recycled plastic to manufacture Orbus’ OC-Hop, OCP-Elite trade show cases
• Used 50% recycled plastic to manufacture Orbus’ OCS, OCL, and OCP trade show cases
• Reused 100% of received wood pallets from suppliers
Orbus’ 2012 objectives continue the company’s determination to help conserve energy and protect the environment.
A few of company’s 2012 objectives include:
• Recycle 5% more pounds of plastics over 2011 (28,000 lbs.)
• Work with suppliers to decrease the use of cardboard containers
• Recycle all fabric waste (90,000 lbs. in 2011)
• Recycle all aluminum waste (11,000 lbs. in 2011)
With worldwide growing concerns regarding the living environment, ISO 14001:2004 is recognized as an organization’
The ISO 14001:2004 standard is primarily concerned with the approach of “environmental management,”
• Minimize harmful effects on the environment caused by business activities
• Prevent pollution
• Achieve continual improvement of environmental performance
In addition to ISO 140011:2004, Orbus’ Niles, Illinois facility recertified to the ISO 9001 standard for a quality management system. The ISO 9001 quality management system imposes additional requirements for quality objectives, design, and analysis of data. This same system is set to be implemented at Orbus’ headquarters in Bolingbrook, Illinois by the first quarter of 2013. The company’s Las Vegas, Nevada facility is working towards certification of both standards.
The Orbus Exhibit & Display Group is a market-leading, privately owned group of companies that specialize in the manufacture and trade only supply of portable modular and custom modular, exhibit and display products, graphics and solutions. Companies within the group include Orbus365, SignPro Systems, and Origin.