The primary objective of the Rose Circles project is to inspire other women to create positive change, wherever they may be.
In India, where the Rose Circles project started, Wild Blackberry has been able to provide training, employment opportunities and upliftment for hundreds of women living below the poverty line. It has provided material, time and funds to keep this income generation work going in the rural areas of Maharashtra for the last 7 years.
Since starting this work, the Rose Circles project has been inundated with requests for assistance by many groups of women and NGOs around India. (Such as the recent Magsaysay winner Bhagini Nivedita Gramin Vigyan Niketan, and the Lupin Foundation)
We encourage you to support this ongoing project by purchasing Wild Blackberry Products (www.wildblackberrygarments.com)
especially in our Rose Circles cottage industry range (www.rosecircles.com)
Handmade Rose Brooches
Hand embroidered motifs to apply on special garments
Hand stitched Quilts
Including: Baby Quilts, Throws, Double bed covers, Single Bed covers.
Profit from this range of products supports the expanding project of Rose Circles.
The sale of all Wild Blackberry garments supports the Rose Circles project in the following ways. …
• providing training to unskilled women in handwork and machine work
• sub-contracting ongoing work to different groups of women, such as embroidery, hand crochet, machine work, weaving
• Bag making
• teaching women about organic food farming
• teaching women about seed saving
• teaching and encouraging the women to create their own markets, such as co operative shops, exhibitions
• Giving training and free consultations to local NGOs in product design, marketing and business plans, organization and encouraging economic independence.
This idea, which was conceived several years ago, is about women helping women. It can be repeated a million times in different forms in different countries. It doesn't have to be a project. It can be as simple as one woman helping another woman, anywhere, anytime. It can be a prayer, it can be a song, it can be physical help such as visiting someone who is sick, supporting a single mother with babysitting, whatever the service is that you give to another sister, we simply want this concept to SNOWBALL. This all just starts with being a woman. If you're a woman, you qualify….. Just by consciously helping another woman you're part of the Rose Circles movement!
We also encourage women to get together all around the world and create a Rose Circle of their own, which is a CIRCLE OF LOVE. Rose Circles is about women helping women in the spirit of selfless service.
Since this project has started:
• Rose Circles has received international recognition through documentaries made by Mary Lee Weir.
• Rose Circles has received marketing support from Poland by Ecovillage Bhrugu Aranya and through the work of Lee Ringma in Australia.
• Rose Circles received generous donations from the Lisa MacDonald Trust which enabled many more women to be trained and employed in quilt and machine work.
• 100s of women have been able to feed their families through this work
• 100s of women have received training in cottage industries
• 100's of women have been socially uplifted by working and learning together in supportive groups which has brought about positive changes in their daily lives
• Through the training given by RC one group of women under the umbrella of a local NGO have now attracted thousands of orders for quilts from the international market.
# # #
Our movement is one of "TRUTH" (Satya) utilizing the tools of media, news and publishing. Our mission is to usher innovative concepts, insightful feature films, informative documentaries, how-to's and podcasts into the mainstream public domain.