The candidates who will compete to raise the most funds are:
• Patricia A. Abboud, MD, Division Head, Pediatric Critical Care Medicine The Dayton Children's Medical Center
• Jeremy Barnhill, General Sales Manager, Joseph Airport Hyundai
• Jill Bissinger, Human Resources Manager, City of Beavercreek
• Bryan Gase, Sales Professional, James Free Jewelers
• Aimee Hartke, Operating Partner, Fleming's Prime Steakhouse and Wine Bar
• Eric J. Henry, Senior Banking Advisor & Vice President, PNC Wealth Management
• Kim Passineau, Owner Home2Home Consignments
• Tony Stayman, Owner and CEO, ARC Abrasives, Inc.
• Ryan Young, General Manager, Houser Asphalt & Concrete
The Man & Woman of the Year campaign is a ten week fundraising competition to raise funds and awareness for blood cancer research and patient services. Candidates from more than 60 cities around the country fundraise during a 10-week period and compete for their area’s Man or Woman of the Year title. Every dollar raised counts as one vote. The top local fundraisers are named the “Man & Woman of the Year” then compete for the national title of Man & Woman of the Year.
The candidates gathered to celebrate the start of the campaign on Wednesday, March 7 at NCR Country Club, and officially kicked off their fundraising efforts on Thursday, March 8. During the campaign, candidates fundraise on behalf of the campaign’s Honored Heroes, local survivors of blood cancers who are a source of inspiration and motivation. Many candidates also fundraise on behalf of their own personal heroes as well.
The male and female candidates with the most votes will be named 2012 Dayton Man & Woman of the Year at the Grand Finale Celebration on Friday, May 18, 2012 at the Schuster Performing Arts Center. The Grand Finale is open to the public and includes hors d’ oeuvres, cocktails, music and a silent and live auction. For more information about the 2012 Man & Woman of the Year campaign, or to purchase Grand Finale tickets, please contact Karen Carter at 937-422-4441 or karen.carter@
# # #
The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society is the world’s largest voluntary health organization dedicated to funding blood cancer research and providing education and patient services.