The expert panelists will discuss the obstacles and opportunities for such services today as well as within the next 15 years.
“Over the past decade, personalized medicine has moved from science fiction to clinical reality,” said Dave Titus, president of the San Diego Venture Group. “Care is being tailored to the individual and drug treatments prioritized by how likely they are to work. The question now is will the health care system embrace it and how best to protect one’s genetic privacy from discrimination. The discussion will be engaging and insightful. We’re looking forward to it!”
The panelists will include:
• Trista Morrison, Moderator of the event and Writer for BioWorld Today.
• Joe Beery, Senior Vice President/CIO at Life Technologies.
• Alex de Winter, Partner with Mohr Davidow Ventures.
• Dave Anderson, CEO of Southern California for United Healthcare.
• Vance Vanier, M.D., CEO and President of Navigenics.
More information on the program is available at http://www.sdvg.org/
# # #
The San Diego Venture Group cultivates durable and high value relationships between entrepreneurs, capital providers and strategic advisors intended to promote the formation and funding of innovative new ventures in the San Diego area, community to educate San Diego entrepreneurs in strategies for obtaining venture funding and developing their businesses, and to promote the San Diego venture capital and entrepreneurial communities on a regional and national basis. More information is available at www.sdvg.org.