Beautiful spring sunshine, top end of season events, competitive ski pass and accommodation offers, long lunches at rustic mountain restaurants – need any more reasons to go for that final ski fix?
For the latest update on skiing conditions, check out this video snow report from Skiing Austria, taken this weekend at the Stubai Glacier. Click http://www.youtube.com/
Top 5 end of season closers
1. The resort of Ischgl, in the Paznaun valley, is not one to close quietly and this year pop superstar Mariah Carey will perform at the legendary Top of the Mountain concert.
2. Over in the Oetztal, Sölden will call time on the ski season 2011-12 with a fantastic mix of music, mountains, snow and skiing over several weekends in April. Superstar DJ David Guetta will open the festival on 9th April on the world’s highest turntables at 2670m with the Rettenbach Glacier providing the unique backdrop.
3. Signing off in style is the resort of Mayrhofen, with the Altitude Comedy Festival from 26th – 31st March 2012, followed by the legendary Snowbombing Festival from 9th - 14th April 2012.
W: www.altitudefestival.com, www.snowbombing.com/
4. The Alpbach Valley closes the season with some hot fun at the Mountain Beach Party on 14th April, with a mix of reggae, sun and bikinis.
5. St Anton will bid farewell to its epic winter on Saturday 21st April with the cult ski race, ‘The White Thrill’, as hundreds of skiers and snowboarders start the descent from the Vallugagrat towards the valley.
Late Season & Easter Deals to Tirol
Save £196 – Mayrhofen
Direct Ski (www.directski.com)
Save £229 – Obergurgl
Crystal Ski (0871 231 2256; www.crystalski.co.uk)
Save £287 – St Anton
Thomson Ski (0871 971 0578; www.thomsonski.co.uk)
Save £420 – St Anton
Save £225 – Sölden
Neilson (0845 070 3460; www.neilson.co.uk)
Ski Tour Adventure
Ski touring is best in spring. The Pitztal region offers a 5 night stay, including a trained ski guide and 3 ski tours from €511.50 per person. Price includes a 4 day ski pass and 3 days equipment hire. (www.pitztal.com)
Innsbruck is served by Easyjet (www.easyjet.com)
For more information the Austrian Tirol: www.visittirol.co.uk
For further information and images contact:
Becky Horton, Horton PR
Holger Gassler, Marketing UK, Tirol Tourist Board