* Industry Profile – Overview of the Indonesia Insurance Industry, statistics of people with life insurance, inflation trend graph of Indonesia, size of the insurance industry, number of insurance companies, total assets and investments of the Indonesia insurance industry (including the life,non-life, reinsurance, social insurance program&workers’
* Market Trends and Outlook –Impact of minimum capital requirement and minimum solvency requirement on the insurance companies, number of insurers license revoked due to the requirements set by the Ministry of Finance(MoF)
* Leading players & Comparative Matrix - Company profiles of leading industry players, performance, company key financials, major developments and SWOT analysis of competitors.
* Companies mentioned: PT Asuransi Allianz Utama Indonesia(Allianz)
Reasons to buy
* Get market insights and intelligence of the Indonesia Insurance Industry for business planning, strategy formulation, academic and consulting purpose.
* Identify business, joint venture, merger and acquisition, partnership, trading, foreign direct investment opportunities in the Indonesia Insurance Industry.
* Understand your competitors and competitive landscape based on the detailed SWOT analysis and major developments provided business credit report
Highlights of the report
* Total assets for life insurance peaked at IDR90,688.1bn in the year 2008, a decrease of 1.13% from the prior year. Non-life insurance had accumulated total assets amounting to IDR 22,734.9bn, achieving a growth rate of 19.27% Y-o-Y.
* Because non-life insurance usually involves short-term contracts, time deposits are a higher proportion of the investment portfolio for non-life insurance than for life insurance companies, amounting to 46.5% in 2008.
* For instance, Taiwan and the Philippines have the ratio of 47.5% and 53.4% respectively. Indonesia’s low ratio is a result of the industry’s low equity and therefore, it is only able to retain a small portion of their gross premium generated.
* Firms must also meet specific minimum solvency requirement. The MoF has set a condition that insurance companies must maintain their Risk Based Capital (RBC) at a minimum of 120%. 14 insurance companies had their licence revoked by the Indonesian Government as they were unable to fulfill the requirement.
* In 2009, Sinar Mas attained growth in its underwriting result, which reached IDR 190 bn, an increase of 16.5% when compared to the previous year.
ID Insurance provides an overview of the insurance sector in Indonesia and its size, performance and value. Next to India and China, Indonesia represents one of the largest potential insurance markets in Asia. The country’s 13,000 islands are home to more than 210mn people, out of which only less than 10% have life insurance.
This report also comprises the market trends and outlook of the insurance industry in Indonesia. Among others, the reports look at the regulatory issues, sharia products and foreign insurers in Indonesia.
Also, this report includes the leading players in this industry as well as their financial highlights and SWOT analysis. Indonesia’s major insurance players include PT Asuransi Allianz Utama Indonesia, PT Asuransi Sinar Mas and PT Panin Life Tbk.
For more information kindly visit :
Indonesia Insurance Industry
Bharat Book Bureau
Tel: +91 22 27810772 / 27810773
Fax: + 91 22 27812290
Follow us on twitter: http://twitter.com/#!/
# # #
Bharat Book Bureau is the leading business information aggregator providing market research reports and online databases. Bharatbook is also into the business of marketing conferences worldwide and undertakes custom research.