TickerTalk communication doesn’t require knowing another person’s phone number or social ID, it doesn’t consume minutes, or need an internet connection. Users can create, save, then display an unlimited amount of messages. They can change the scroll speed, font, size, color, and message direction with easy-to-use controls. The playback can also be flipped so messages can be read in a mirror and users can scroll left-to-right or right-to-left to accommodate their language.
The company has listed the following suggested uses for TickerTalk:
- Teach younger children to type and read messages. Too young to text—but not too young to TickerTalk!
- Communicate when silence needs to be maintained – at the Library, Schools, Religious institutions, etc.
- Get someone’s attention when you can’t be heard – at a loud night club, a sporting event, a noisy restaurant, etc.
- Pass 'notes' to friends or people you would like to be friends with!
- Communicate with that car next to you, or use the Mirror option to communicate with the car in front of you. The company warns: Do not use TickerTalk while driving; have a passenger do it for you.
- Have fun and experiment!
- It’s FAST! Users can start TickerTalk and double-tap any message to play it.
- It’s EASY! All message settings are in one simple screen.
- Automatically play a selected message at startup..
- Scroll reverse/backwards to be read in a (rear-view) mirror.
- Use any font available on your device. Includes several LED, LCD and Fun fonts.
- Scroll left-to-right or right-to-left to fit your language.
- Swipe to change speed while displaying.
- Double-tap to mirror the message while playing.
- Control multiple settings for each message: Color, Font, Size, Speed, Direction, and Mirror.
- Uses the same interface on the iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
NextCo has several more apps scheduled to be released in the Spring of 2012. Their first app, TickerTalk, is available on iTunes for $0.99. More information about TickerTalk and NextCo, Inc. can be found on the company’s website, http://www.nextcoinc.com/
# # #
The NextCo, Inc. team has over 15 years experience in software application development. They have created products ranging from full blown commercial products used by Fortune 500 companies in areas including aerospace, consumer goods, and medical manufacturing, to freeware utilities, as well as providing website design and marketing services. The team recently switched its focus to the smart device market, launching their first Apple iOS app in March of 2012.