This represents the Bank’s tenth consecutive quarterly profit. Through the retention of earnings, and proceeds realized from a capital offering that closed in June 2011, the Bank’s book value per share increased from $9.03 per share as of December 31, 2010 to $10.07 per share as of December 31, 2011, an improvement of 11.5%.
Key financial results for the period include the following:
• Total assets at December 31, 2011 increased by 41.0% to $436.9 million as compared to $309.9 million as of December 31, 2010.
• Gross loans at December 31, 2011 increased by 41.4% to $387.6 million as compared to $274.1 million as of December 31, 2010.
• Total deposits at December 31, 2011 increased by 40.1% to $355.0 million as compared to $253.4 million as of December 31, 2010.
• The Bank’s net interest margin remained strong at 4.55% during 2011, compared to 4.51% during 2010.
• Net interest income, the Bank’s main source of income, increased 34.2% to $16.6 million during 2011, compared to $12.4 million during 2010.
• Non-interest income increased by 1.9%, or $6 thousand, during 2011 as compared to 2010. Non-interest expense increased by 19.1%, or $1.7 million, during 2011 as compared to 2010, reflecting increased operating expenses required to support the Bank’s growth. The Bank’s efficiency ratio, which compares non-interest expense to total net interest and fee income, improved from 69.7% during 2010 to 62.2% during 2011.
• Asset quality remains strong. As of December 31, 2011, non-accrual loans were .61% of total loans, compared to .72% as of December 31, 2010. As of December 31, 2011, the Bank’s allowance for loan losses was 1.29% of total loans and covered non-accrual loans by over 2.1 times. The Bank had no other real estate owned as of December 31, 2011.
• Capital levels remain strong and well above regulatory minimums for well capitalized banks. As of December 31, 2011, the Bank reported a total risk-based capital ratio of 12.7%, compared to 12.1% as of December 31, 2010.
John Marshall Bank is headquartered in Reston, Virginia and has five full-service branches located in Reston, Falls Church, Leesburg, Arlington, and Rockville. The Bank also has a limited service commercial branch located in Washington, DC, and a loan production office located in Alexandria. Further information on the Bank can be obtained by visiting its website at www.johnmarshallbank.com.
This press release contains forward-looking statements within the meaning of the Securities and Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, including statements of goals, intentions, and expectations as to future trends, plans, events or results of Bank operations and policies and regarding general economic conditions. In some cases, forward-looking statements can be identified by use of words such as “may,” “will,” “anticipates,”
# # #
John Marshall Bank first opened to the public under that name in Falls Church, Virginia in 2008. Serving the Greater Washington, DC metropolitan area with offices in Alexandria, Arlington, Loudoun County, Fairfax County, Montgomery County (MD) and Washington, DC.