PRLog - March 6, 2012 - SAN DIEGO -- (SAN DIEGO) March 6, 2012 – On Saturday, March 17 and Saturday, April 21, Café Japengo will be offering couples the chance to roll up their sleeves and master the art of sushi-making. Taught by Executive Sushi Chef Jerry Warner, students will learn basic sushi-making techniques using the freshest ingredients.
• The classes is scheduled from noon to 2 p.m. in the dining room of Café Japengo
• The cost is $60 per person (price includes the class and tastes of two sakes)
• To reserve a spot, call 858-450-3355.
• Tutorials on how to handle sticky rice and how to form a roll and hand roll
• Where to purchase sushi items in town; a brief history of sushi and of Café Japengo; and basic characteristics of various kinds of fish
• Two sake tastings will be provided during the course as well as a sushi-rolling mat and all ingredients
• Chef Jerry Warner was a part of the original culinary team that opened Café Japengo in 1990.
• He served as the personal apprentice to Master Sushi Chef Osamu “Fuji” Fujita from 1990 to 1996 and was then promoted to Executive Sushi Chef, the position which he still holds today.
• Through the years, Chef Warner has helped lead Café Japengo to numerous awards and accolades, including the California Restaurant Association’