The partners include:
• Ben Franklin Technology PArtners of Central and Northern PA
• Chamber of Business and Industry of Centre County/Centre County Industrial Development Corporation
• Penn State Small Business Development Center (SBDC)
• Ben Franklin’s Transformation Business Services Network and Venture Investment Forum
• Penn State Office of Technology Management
• Innovation Park at Penn State
This innovative, one-stop-shop approach to business incubation will encourage an entrepreneurial climate, increase technology transfer opportunities, and help develop a robust “startup” culture in State College and the surrounding area.
A full menu of services designed to support new business activity will be offered including: designated, shared workspace; on-site, one-on-one business mentors; professional marketing research; startup boot camp sessions for faculty and students; and entrepreneurial training classes.
John Vidmar, Director of Ben Franklin’s Transformation Business Service Network, commented, “We believe that co-locating business start-up providers and their services creates economies of scale while bringing value and convenience to our clients.”
The TechCelerator @State College will be open for business starting Monday, March 5, 2012.
# # #
About Ben Franklin Technology Partners
Ben Franklin Technology Partners CNP, an initiative of the Pennsylvania Department of Community and Economic Development and funded by the Ben Franklin Technology Development Authority, provides investment capital and business support services to emerging tech-based companies and small, existing manufacturers for the purpose of creating and retaining jobs in Pennsylvania. Contact the central office of Ben Franklin in University Park at (814) 863-4559 or see our website at www.cnp.benfranklin.org