The menu caters to all breeds of breakfast-goers, ranging from the late-night socialite in need of a pick-me-up to the health-conscious foodies:
• The Morning After: Long hours of dancing and being out on the town calls for a total refuel. Try Chicken & Chili Hash made with house-smoked chicken, two poached cage-free eggs, hatch green chili and grilled green onion, served with a side of potatoes and chili-lime hollandaise.
• Sticky and Sweet: After a night of romance, cozy up to watch the morning sunrise with a stack of steamy Ricotta Pancakes smothered in hot blueberry compote or the decadent French Toast made with brioche bread pudding, banana custard batter, caramel bananas and toasted walnuts (even tastier with the addition of whipped cream and chocolate chips).
• Play It Safe: Traditionalists can enjoy a straight-up no nonsense helping of Andaz Eggs served with potatoes and choice of meat or an Omelet prepared to order.
• Get Your Health On: Inspired by the bright, airy rooftop atmosphere, some may wish to kick start their day with a lighter fare. Select from an array of healthy steel cut Oatmeal, homemade Granola and Lox and Bagel made with smoked salmon, capers and onion.
For those running on empty, the menu offers options to beef up the meal with “A Little Something On the Side,” including grilled honey-glazed ham, maple glazed bacon, chicken-apple sausage and pork sausage.
Behind the menu, Chef Reese Hay honors the hotel’s trendsetter reputation with elements that cater to both guests’ desires and the latest food trends:
• Ingredients sourced from local purveyors and farms, including Moceri Produce and Connely Gardens
• Hand-raised, cage-free eggs from Eben Haezer’s poultry farm
• Freshly squeezed juices and bottomless cups of coffee
A complete menu is available here. Breakfast is served on the rooftop Monday through Sunday, from 6:30 to 11 a.m.
About Andaz San Diego
Andaz San Diego is an urban escape known for friendly and uncomplicated service, sophisticated design and unpretentious style. Located in the heart of the Gaslamp Quarter, the cornerstone of the property is a 159 room hotel with 17 suites, each with custom fixtures and amenities, flat panel televisions and generously sized glass-enclosed bathrooms. Guests can enjoy complimentary welcome beverages while being checked in via handheld PC as well as complimentary amenities such as wireless Internet, local phone calls, and a mini-bar with non-alcoholic beverages and snacks. A center of dining and nightlife, Andaz San Diego also offers the Ivy Entertainment experience including the Ivy Nightclub, Ivy Wine Bar and Ivy Rooftop, a sultry rooftop bar and lounge with stunning skyline views, pool and private cabanas. Coming soon to Andaz San Diego is Katsuya by S+arck by sbe Entertainment Group, a celeb-favorite eatery featuring modern Japanese cuisine and innovative cocktails. Additional amenities include 10,000 square feet of flexible meeting and function space. For more information about Andaz San Diego, visit www.andazsandiego.com or call 619-849-1234. Like or follow us on Facebook and Twitter for the latest on hotel announcements, event calendars, special offers and more.