GNMAA builds relationships with local businesses, members, civic leaders and key stakeholders. They work to inform and influence the developments that affect the business district of Michigan Avenue and the surrounding area. GNMAA is comprised of over 650 members and the Executive Committee is made up of 27 Board members. The Executive Committee is responsible for overseeing the Associations budget and strategic planning.
“Richard Simon made positive contributions when he served on the Board for the Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce for four years. With his business background and experience he will make a great addition to the Executive Committee at the GNMAA,” Gerry Roper.
“The Greater North Michigan Avenue Association is a great organization to be a part of. It provides an opportunity to help local businesses become empowered and included on the decisions that affect them. Members are able to share ideas and support each other in building businesses and the community,” said Mr. Simon.
Richard A. Simon is the President/CEO of United Service Companies, which is a privately held corporation headquartered in Chicago’s South Loop. Mr. Simon is a leader in Chicago’s philanthropic community.
Mr. Simon’s current and past memberships include:
• Chicago Police Memorial Advisory Board, member since its inception – Mr. Simon raises funds for the families of our fallen heroes and injured officers. He also contributed to the development and funding to build The Gold Star Memorial and Park. His company, United Service Companies, still continues to maintain the park at no cost to the fund or the tax payer.
• Trade Show Executive Media, Chairman
• Chicago Convention & Tourism Board member for 20 years – Mr. Simon had served as an Officer and Chairman for six years.
• U.S. Marine Corps Scholarship Foundation was a member for six years – Mr. Simon assisted in raising and developing scholarship funds for children of our Marines.
• Chicagoland Chamber of Commerce was a member for four years.
# # #
United Service Companies (USC) was established in 1965 providing janitorial services in the Chicagoland area. Over the decades USC has expanded our services to include convention cleaning, event clean-up, aviation service, security, staffing and restoration. USC provides service to the hospitality industry, convention centers, schools, hospitals, commercial/residential buildings, sports facilities and cultural institutions. We have continued to grow with over 14,000 employees nationwide due to our dedication to our clients and our commitment to serving them.