PRLog - Feb. 29, 2012 - YUCAIPA, Calif. -- Readers ask the most compelling questions. This one, for example, really caused me to do some thinking. “What is a gimmick?”
Here's an excerpt from the FREE ebook "Lynnette Phillips Answers the Question: What's A Gimmick v What Drives Traffic":
You probably don’t spend your life online so here’s a few ideas for When You Turn Your Computer Off...
Go Mobile With Q R Codes
You’ve seen these odd little squares just about everywhere and have probably wondered about them. Let me try to clarify some of the mystery.
• Q R stands for Quick Response; i.e. QR code = Quick Response code
• Q R codes are two-dimensional codes that can be read by a Smart Phone or mobile phone app
• A Q R code can contain information to direct someone back to an URL, a telephone number or show them some informative text or business contact data
• You can have a Q R code generated for free at goqr.me
• Q R codes can be included on flyers, signs, business cards or even people!
People love playing with technology, so why not try a Q R code out on your business card, book cover or maybe a t-shirt?
For more (tongue-in-cheek)
Mobile Tip: Search out the necessary instructions to make your site, Facebook page or blog mobile device friendly. How many people do you know that go completely offline?
Find more tips, live links and advice in "What's A Gimmick v What Drives Traffic" by downloading the FREE ebook. Just copy and paste this link into your browser: https://docs.google.com/
# # #
Lynnette Phillips has written reviews for numerous novels and short stories and has established relationships with many authors and publishers. She is also author of a series of book marketing guides, marketing coach, book editor available in the Kindle store on Amazon.com.
You can find more book marketing and self pub tips and ideas by visiting the Book World Marketing blog at http://lynnettephillips.info/