“It is an honor to be recognized by this prestigious organization for my professional accomplishments,”
Garen’s accounting industry professional accomplishments include
• Co-founder and President of Universal Business Computing Company: 1981 – present;
• American Payroll Association, government liaison to lobby the US Treasury and FMS to create what is known today as the EFTPS (Electronic Federal Tax Payment System - Batch Filer): 1995 – 1997;
• American Payroll Processors Association, Board of Directors, and member: 1994 – 1999;
• Founder and President, iQ Merchant Services, Inc.: 2008 – present;
• Led the creation of Plain Toner laser check generation using standard HP printers and standard HP toner;
• Led UBCC’s creation of printing technology that does not use operating systems printer drivers. Adobe adopted this concept in the creation of their PDF after it was pioneered by UBCC;
• Led UBCCs development of operating system independent software and data files that allows UBCC to run on over 600 different platforms, from a single set of source code with the same data files (no conversion is needed), including all 32 and 64 bit versions of Windows, Linux, and UNIX operating systems, and even IBM mainframes;
• Led the development of UBCCs Web Portal that runs on a multiple platforms without requiring data synchronization runs on the payroll service bureau or accountants server, and/or other third-party cloud-based servers (practitioners enjoy mix and match flexibility);
• Led UBCCs continuous software development focusing on productivity and flexibility to allow UBCC licensees to achieve maximum profitability;
• Led UBCCs software development of import and export of data via CSV and XML, allowing practitioners to seamlessly import or export of data in any order, without requiring custom programming, and do so from the most commonly used accounting and tax preparation software providers including CCH, Lacerte, UltraTax and Drake tax preparation software; and
• Led the development of UBCCs multi-faceted user interface that allows each operator the flexibility to select the type of interface they prefer: Windows drop-down; Windows tree; or expert mode that allows for heads-down data entry.
Since 1981, UBCC has maintained a reputation for designing powerful, customizable Write Up and Payroll software, with productivity features that remain consistently ahead of the curve. UBCC’s Write Up and Payroll software allows users the flexibility to work in the most productive and comfortable way.
About Ken Garen
Ken Garen, CPA, is the Co-founder and President of Universal Business Computing Company, (www.ubcc.com)
About Universal Business Computing Company (UBCC)
Founded in 1981, UBCC (http://ubcc.com) is the leading provider of high volume, high productivity payroll and accounting software for payroll and accounting professionals. UBCC offers four different packages to professional accounting firms, payroll service bureaus and commercial businesses, including: Client Data Center, Payroll Service Bureau, PEO Enterprise, and Real-Time Accounting for Business. Modules include: Unified Payroll, General Ledger, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Bank Reconciliation, Depreciation, Order Billing, Inventory Management, and Job Management. Technical support and customer service is available 24 hours a day, seven days per week. For more information, call toll-free 800-827-8610 or visit UBCC online at www.ubcc.com.
Ken Garen, Co-Founder and President
Universal Business Computing Company (UBCC)
Leslie Garrett, Accounting Edge Marketing
# # #
Founded in 1981, UBCC (http://ubcc.com)