One should begin with monitoring blood pressure and controlling weight and then move on to the rest of the kidney-healthy tips.
1. Monitor blood pressure and cholesterol.
2. Control weight.
3. Don't overuse over-the-counter painkillers.
4. Monitor blood glucose.
5. Get an annual physical exam.
6. Know if chronic kidney disease (CKD), diabetes or heart disease runs in your family. If so, you may be at risk.
7. Don't smoke.
8. Exercise regularly.
9. Follow a healthful diet.
10. Get tested for chronic kidney disease if you're at risk.
About the author: Padmashri & Dr. B.C. Roy National Awardee, Dr. KK Aggarwal is a Senior Consultant, Physician, Cardiologist at Delhi based Moolchand Medcity; President Heart Care Foundation of India; Chairman Ethical Committee Delhi Medical Council and has served as the Research and Academic Wing Heads of National Indian Medical Association.
# # #
Heart Care Foundation of India is a not for profit organisation. Located at New Delhi India, its main objective is creating health awareness using low cost health awareness modules. On two of its modules “Run for your heart” and “Perfect Health Mela” the Govt. of India had released National postal commemorative stamps.