PRLog - Feb. 28, 2012 - WINDHAM, N.H. -- — Mint Jutras LLC, an independent research-based consulting firm that specializes in analyzing the business impact of enterprise applications has published a new analysis of Is It Time to Purchase a New ERP? For decades ERP implementation in general, and more specifically ERP replacement, has been compared to brain surgery. You just don’t do it unless the patient is dying. But today Mint Jutras suggest the better analogy is joint replacement. You suffer with that bum knee or hip until you can’t stand the pain any longer, or you simply can’t function properly. Apply these same principles to your next (or first) ERP purchase. Suffer along if the status quo is “good enough.” But what if it’s not? Sure there will be some “recovery”
Mint Jutras Logo
Based on data from over 900 survey respondents on ERP evaluation, goals, challenges, status and performance, here are a few highlights from the report:
• 62% of businesses with ERP installed are running the first solution ever implemented in the company
• 75% of companies that had replaced their ERP said lack of functionality was one of the top reasons
• Outdated technology was the catalyst for replacement in 67% of cases
• Perceived cost advantages and lower Total Cost of Ownership (TCO) would prompt replacement in the future for 38%
• Distributed environments prompt standardization and consolidation. 67% operate from more than one location.
About Mint Jutras
Mint Jutras LLC is an independent research-based consulting firm that specializes in analyzing the business impact of enterprise applications, with specific emphasis on Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP). Combining deep and broad domain expertise, decades of technology experience and fresh primary research, we offer actionable insights on how to make software investments pay dividends. We deliver this insight through published reports, eBooks, infographics, speaking and consulting. We influence the selection and implementation of enterprise applications and guide solution providers in developing solutions and communicating their full potential. Subscribe to our blog: http://mintjutras.com/
Lisa Lincoln, Director, Client Services & Business Development
# # #
Mint Jutras specializes in analyzing the business value enterprise applications bring to the enterprise. At the very core of this broad category is Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) whether it is deployed on premise or SaaS.